Original topic:

Leaving apps open or close them everything?

(Topic created on: 01-01-2024 07:50 AM)
guitargod
Active Level 4
Options
Others
This is my 3rd post on here today..sorry, but I have a question. Do most of you leave appapps open or close every app before you open a new one..like when you hit the close button and all the apps come up and you can swipe up and close them or is better to leave them open?
0 Likes
15 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
I leave pretty much everything running in the background and never worry about closing any apps. I let Android do its thing.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Others

Hi, It’s generally not necessary to manually close apps. Closing apps can sometimes use more resources and affect battery life, as the system may need to reload the app when you open it again.

However, if you’re experiencing performance issues or notice an app misbehaving, you can close it. It’s a good practice to occasionally clear background apps, but in regular use, leaving them open won’t significantly impact your device’s performance.

Samsung Galaxy devices, are optimized to handle multitasking. Feel free to let the system manage open apps, and manually close them only if you encounter issues.

Others
I don't remember the name of the Samsung agent i spoke with a few moments ago, but my hat is off to her, she worked hard to resolve the issue with the galaxy watch not connecting, wow . The level of politeness & how she proceeded to help me out. I give her 10 stars. With a huge thanks.
0 Likes
jwwm
Beginner Level 2
Others
What is a galaxy watch? Is this available in Canada and does it have anything about if you fall, like notifying anyone?
0 Likes
BondGirl
Active Level 4
Others
I routinely use Device Protection under Settings. It optomizes my phone, plus you can change Settings for battery use and clear up memory. Quick and easy!
0 Likes
GiggleSnorts
Active Level 7
Others
I close everything as soon as I'm done with it except music if I am listening to that at the time but I close that as well as soon as I'm done listening to music.
0 Likes