Original topic:

RCS Messaging

(Topic created on: 11-02-2020 03:40 PM)
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Options
Others
Hi everyone,
I have a question that I cant seem to find an answer to. I used to have the Chat features enabled on Samsung Messages when I was with Fido. Then it was still there even after I no longer had Service with them. I have recently signed up with Koodo but don't see them on Samsung Messages, only with Google messages. Koodo offers it(they call it Next-Gen Messaging) but it's not available. Would anyone know what the issue could be? 
0 Likes
17 Comments
Others

I saw couple posts about switching carrier seems to lost the Chat feature. But I am no sure what causing the problem. But here is what I've found from Koodo.

"Heads up: When Next-Gen Messaging is provisioned for the first time on a compatible device, you will be prompted to enable the chat features."

If you don't get the feature, maybe your device not register under Koodo network? Have you check with Koodo about this? I might be wrong, but I have not seen any posts here with a solid solution yet.

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Others

Hi AmeriCanuck,
Please contact your SIM card provider so that they will help you accordingly.

AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Others
yeah, I was contacting them through their Twitter Support but recently lost access to my Twitter, which h I'm trying to get back. I do ya e the Chat Features with Google Messages, though. That's why I don't think it's a carrier issue.
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Others
also I find with rsc if you get a long conversation going it will need to be deleted or it won't keep sending as rcs this has happen 3 times with Rogers with different conversation. once deleting the conversation it started to work again. this is with samsung messages.
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Others
Thanks, I didn't have any conversations going... at least nothing that long.
0 Likes
Solution
Sking90
Active Level 1
Others
I switched from from Telus to Koodo and had a similar issue. Chat features worked on Telus but I would get a "registration failed" error when trying to enable it on Koodo. Called Koodo customer support and tried all of their suggestions, reset network settings, reboot phone, factory reset. Nothing worked. I switched the network CSC from TLS to KDO but that didn't help. Finally when I switched the sales CSC from TLS to KDO the phone reset itself and then chat features worked. I backed up everything first so it wasn't too painful to restore everything. Changing the sales CSC wipes the phone like a factory reset.
0 Likes
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Others
what are you referring to when you say the CSC and how do I go about that?
0 Likes
Solution
Sking90
Active Level 1
Others
Here's a link with some info on CSC codes.
https://www.androidexplained.com/find-samsung-csc-code/

Here's a link with the instructions I followed to change it on my S10+.
https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/dbf1lj/how_to_change_csc_in_canada_when_changing_carrier...

I tried just changing the network code first but that didn't enable chat. I had to change the sales code, which wiped my phone, before I could enable the chat features. I'd backup your phone first before you change it. You'll lose everything on your phone once you change the sales CSC. It worked for me but I can't guarantee it will work for everyone..
Solution
Halston
Options
Others

Hi AmeriCanuck,
Please follow the suggestions provided by Sking90 and get back to us with the results.
Note: Please note that the RCS messaging option will be provided by the carrier only. In order to retrieve the Carrier’s setup (Carrier’s software environment), when your SIM is inserted to your device for the first time factory data reset will occur and reorganize the software environment to map to carrier requirements. This will install your carrier's software environment.