Original topic:

Samsung Health SpO2

(Topic created on: 04-09-2020 09:47 PM)
jameshkd
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Note 8 and older version of samsung phone used to have, but removed during last years update. You can delete samsung health, then install version 6.4 manually to get it back. Make sure don't update. Its good to have the oxygen measurement in the app during the COV19 pandemic. Note: this is only for phone that used to have the sensor but can't measure anymore in samsung health
9 Comments
Others
S10 & S9 series still have the O² & Heart Rate Sensor - And I believe that someone has already posted that if you want the O² measurement in Samsung Health that you need to download v6.4x....... I believe.
keagan
Options
Others
Hey @ jameshkd,
Due to the regulations of Health Canada, the stress and oxygen saturation are no longer available on Samsung health app.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
Wait now! You slow down!!
As @Shaggyskunk1 said, and was the one who said it before (I can't find the link, there's so many good posts by @Shaggyskunk1 it's takes forever)
This is possible, depending on your device, just not supported by the manufacturer who made it 🤦🤷
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

Keagan say : Due to the regulations of Health Canada, the stress and oxygen saturation are no longer available on Samsung health app.

First, i don't beleive that and i'd like to see and read those regulations

Second, like many users, i beleive than Samsung removed Samsung Health Sp02  ONLY because they want to sell their watchs. I find inacceptable to remove a function from any Samsung's  devices because we often bought the device only for this fonctionality.

In the same optic, they remove the wired headphones plus  to help them to sale more Airbuds...

It's like somebody that give you a gift and take it back after even if you pay for that gift...

Am i the only one who think that ?

mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
@Cassidy I'd like to see where these sensors do not meet regulations as well?

Also Your not the only one who thinks that ✌️
dejanh
Active Level 6
Others
@Cassidy I don't think it's a matter of wanting to push Samsung wearables. Their current flagship wearable has stress monitoring disabled in Canada and SpO2 sensor is not present at all.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

@dejanh

i still beleive than Samsung should not remove a feature that was included with the device people bought and I'd like to see where these sensors do not meet regulations as well like Mytech also says

dejanh
Active Level 6
Others
I agree with you. That ship sailed a long time ago unfortunately when Sony PlayStation 3 owners lost the court battle against Sony removing OtherOS capability from the console. Since then every manufacturer has started pulling stunts like that - release a function, cripple it, remove it, whatever, with no repercussions.
0 Likes
Samsung_opXNOzx
Beginner Level 2
Others

I have just gotten into Samsung health 6.19.6.009 on a galaxy note 9 just to see if I could actually get it... I followed the instructions below..

Step 1: Launch Samsung Health on your Galaxy device

Step 2: Scroll to the bottom, tap on Manage items and enable Oxygen saturation if necessary

Step 3: Tap Measure next to Oxygen saturation from the app’s main screen

Step 4: Place your fingertip on the SpO2 sensor and stay still throughout the measurement process

I have O2 saturation back.  YMMV

0 Likes