Original topic:

Samsung phone

(Topic created on: 03-26-2024 05:57 AM)
Saif13sa
Active Level 1
Options
Others

How can I stop this feature from my samsung phone? When you press the "recent apps" button, in the top left corner, there is "active in background", here you can stop the service that the app provides, how can i remove this button, I use an app that locks other apps, if someone opened my phone they can just stop the lockapp from working and have access to all of my apps.

15 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Can you post a screen shot of what you mean? 

I don't see this "active in background" on my devices.

I can scroll through my Recents though. 

Screenshot_20240326_081110_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
Saif13sa
Active Level 1
Others

1000090759.jpg

1000090758.jpg

 here it is

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

If this is the app you are using, I'd be more concerned about it, than the apps running in the background. 

You can just "Close All" anyway. 

Screenshot_20240326_082302.jpg

Screenshot_20240326_082403.jpg

0 Likes
Saif13sa
Active Level 1
Others

Oh, thank you for pointing that out. I'll change the app, but the problem is still here.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

You can either, "Close All", or Swipe away the other apps running in the background, which will close them. You can leave the current app running, or only the ones you want. For example I have 3 apps that I always want to keep running.. 

Wavelet, Spotify & LMT. 

I don't feel that this compromises my device's security in any way. 

Screenshot_20240326_084138.jpg

Screenshot_20240326_083825.jpg

0 Likes
Saif13sa
Active Level 1
Others

That will not work for my phone. Even if I close them all, the apps that are running in the background will still be running.

1000090761.jpg

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Well some apps other than the user apps, are supposed to always be running. 

Android is designed to use apps running in the background efficiently, and closing all running processes would actually slow down the performance and usability of the phone. With apps running in the background, they use very little resources, but are quickly available for your use. 

I don't think that anyone would actually want a "task killer" on an Android device, unlike a Windows computer. 

There's an expression.. "Unused RAM, is wasted RAM" on Android devices. 

ie: Android System, Settings, Smart Face Services, Find My Mobile etc.

The device's LockScreen is supposed to prevent someone from just opening your device, and having access to anything. 

I'm really not sure what the concern is?

But, if you are really concerned, you could go to Settings > Apps & Force Stop apps individually. Some will start up again immediately, because they are necessary for the phone function properly. 

0 Likes
Saif13sa
Active Level 1
Others

I don't wanna stop the app from running in the background, I just wanna hide the option to stop it.

I asked this question because one of my family members found out the password to my phone, and to bypass the lockapp they found this way. 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Okay, I never noticed the number on the Recents screen before, but if I click on it, it just shows me the running apps.. if I click on one of them, it doesn't open the app, and the only option is to Stop it.

Don't know how anyone got your password from this? 

Screenshot_20240326_094404.jpg

0 Likes