Original topic:

Soundbar and TV Speaker both on, out of synch and reverberate sound

(Topic created on: 08-06-2019 05:55 AM)
User14
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

QN65Q80RAF  4K LED TV

HW-Q60R Soundbar  with Optical Connection. Woofer is bluetooth connected.

Every day when we turn the TV on, the TV Speaker and Soundbar both operate and there is a millisecond difference in the audio so it reverberates like an echo chamber. 

Tried CHAT and told to update TV Software. Managed to download and update TV Software.

Went from Ver 1303 to 1313 but audio problem persists.

Tried CHAT again and told to update the Soundbar software.  Downloaded software but no information on how to update the soundbar software. I can't even find the current software version for the soundbar.

Can anyone post a link that describes how to do this for the HW-Q series soundbar?

0 Likes
10 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
In my Samsung tv menu if I goto into audio settings/ additional settings and then I can adjust the sound delay, hopefully you have that setting bc what you saying would be quite annoying 🙈🙉

They should work in sync 🤦‍♂️
But maybe that helps 4 now if you got it 🤷‍♂️
User14
Beginner Level 2
Others

@mytech wrote:
In my Samsung tv menu if I goto into audio settings/ additional settings and then I can adjust the sound delay, hopefully you have that setting bc what you saying would be quite annoying 🙈🙉

They should work in sync 🤦‍♂️
But maybe that helps 4 now if you got it 🤷‍♂️

Hi mytech.  Thanks, but I was told that either the TV Speaker or the Soundbar should operate, not both. Whether this is true or not,  I can't say. I'll ask when I get a tech in to look at the soundbar.  BTW, the TV diagnostic only tests the TV Speaker, not the peripheral speakers FWIW.  Cheers.

0 Likes
Options
Others

Hey @User14,

Hmm, that's a strange audio sync issue... if updating the TV software didn't work, you can find the latest firmware for your HW-Q60R here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2019-harmon-kardon-soundbar-hw-q60r. There's an upgrade guide under Firmware > See more that will instruct you on how to prepare the new firmware on a USB drive.

In the meantime, your issue has been escalated to the service team 😊 If you could also privately message me through the web community (http://r1.community.samsung.com/) with a phone number to reach you at, that would be very helpful!

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
User14
Beginner Level 2
Others

@Community_Moderator wrote:

Hey @User14,

Hmm, that's a strange audio sync issue... if updating the TV software didn't work, you can find the latest firmware for your HW-Q60R here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2019-harmon-kardon-soundbar-hw-q60r. There's an upgrade guide under Firmware > See more that will instruct you on how to prepare the new firmware on a USB drive.

In the meantime, your issue has been escalated to the service team 😊 If you could also privately message me through the web community (http://r1.community.samsung.com/) with a phone number to reach you at, that would be very helpful!

Cheers,

Sabrina

Hello Sabrina,

I have been to CHAT three times on this issue and followed ALL their diagnostic procedures. The last suggestion was to update the Soundbar software.

I haven't read the posting rules here about quoting an agent but I assume the rules are the same as other forums. Basically, it boiled down to they (the agent) has performed all the troubleshooting steps so the Soundbar needs to be diagnosed by the service technician.  I have called the Geek Squad from Best Buy but I want to at least try the last suggestion of updating the Soundbar software for the HW-Q60R before they get here. 

Note: The Geek Squad guys had to return to Best Buy to get a second Soundbar because the first one did not work. This soundbar may be faulty as well, but I am not a technician, so I can't do the proper testing.  

BTW, I was asked for the current software version on the HW-Q60R Soundbar. A simple question, but when I asked where do I find the current version I was told to use the "SAMSUNG TV remote", navigate to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.  Well, that didn't work.  The SAMSUNG TV remote has a HOME button and then you go to SETTINGS to find SUPPORT. There is SOFTWARE UPDATE there, but it is for the TV, not the Soundbar.  There is also no CONTACT SAMSUNG choice. I have read the USER MANUAL 06 Connecting a USB storage device ==> Software Update. It says: go to the Samsung Electronics website at www.samsung.com -> Support.  That led to nothing specific, so here I am.

All I want to know is:  How to update the software on the HW-Q60R soundbar.  I am sure others may like to know that procedure as well for the entire Q series of soundbars.  

0 Likes
Options
Others

Hey @User14,

I'm sorry that your support experience has been so complicated! Perhaps it might be easier if I link you directly to a download of the guide I'm referring to: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201904/20190416195029161/USB_Upgrade_Guide_1.0_English....

This guide gives you step-by-step instructions on how to upgrade the software of your HW-Q60R Soundbar. The service team has also advised me that they'll be in touch with you soon, if they haven't contacted you already 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Jebourquey
Active Level 5
Others
Do you need your TV speakers on? I'd shut them off. Even if they were time aligned, the difference in speaker position can still cause phase issues. I'd let the soundbar do all the work. Depending on the software you can likely delay the picture to match the audio or vice versa.
0 Likes
WAG12
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hi, I'm afraid there is nothing wrong with your TV or soundbar; they are operating normally.  I have a Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar connected to a LG OLED TV and it does exactly the same thing as you described, you can here an echo when playing the internal TV speaker and the soundbar at the same time.  I was reading about this problem with a Samsung TV connected to a Sonus Playbar soundbar where it was said that the Sonus Playbar has an inherent latency of 30 ms to allow sufficient network buffering for the satellites (SUB, surrounds) to maintain sync without problem.  So the internal TV speakers play the sound with no delay while the soundbar introduces a slight delay which gives the echo effect when both are used simultaneously. Your best solution is to just turn off the internal TV speakers and only use the soundbar like someone else had previously suggested.

0 Likes
KLK73
Beginner Level 2
Others

We have the same problem with our QN65Q60R tv and Samsung soundbar HW-MM-45C.   Sometimes both TV Speaker and soundbar are on at the same time with the annoying echo.  

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
KLK73
Beginner Level 2
Others

This happens when the set is turned on.  We keep the soundbar on.

0 Likes