Original topic:

Samsung/Paybright Financing Up to 3 months free & Quebec Residents

(Topic created on: 02-02-2023 11:28 PM)
Samsung_C0HOa7o
Beginner Level 4
Options
Promotions

I would like to know why the Samsung/Paybright Financing Offer (Launch S23 - February 2023) is not available to Quebec residents?  If in fact this information is correct for whatever reason, another form of promotion - of comparable value - should be made available to customers from Quebec.  See restriction: Pre-order Galaxy S23 Ultra | Price & Deals | Samsung Canada | Samsung Canada  at Footnote 8

5 Comments
brandanct
Active Level 5
Promotions
Probably french language laws. It's a pain in the **bleep** for companies to have to cover legal bases and terms and conditions specific to Canada and then have to do it all in french (Quebec french) maybe?
brandanct
Active Level 5
Promotions
Also, looks like financing laws are different in Quebec than the rest of Canada, so Quebec is excluded due to this.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Promotions

Québec's Civil Code Laws vs the rest of Canada's Common Law, and then add in Québec's Language Laws are the reasons for this.

Even lottery type contests, "give aways", Québec is often excluded for these reasons. 

Some companies even now refuse to ship to Québec.. So your experience is not a surprise. 

FsIuRnE
Active Level 4
Promotions
I order mine from Quebec and pay it with paybright. Waiting for It to be shipped, hope it will be today !!
0 Likes
jong866
Beginner Level 2
Promotions
I actually am more interested in details on HOW they credit the 3 payments. Stupidly Samsung makes zero written confirmation of this offer anywhere in my sales invoice, order info, etc... and of course it's long disappeared from their ste now. I do remember that when I bought my laptop I read that once the paybright loan has been paid off I will receive 3 payments refunded to me, but nowhere says how that will happen.

Loan is paid, now I would like to know when this credit will be issued.
0 Likes