Original topic:

Can't enter PIN in Samsung wallet

(Topic created on: 05-11-2023 06:44 AM)
jizzy
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Pay
I'm trying to set up the Samsung wallet. When the screen comes upafter this screenpictured it's the screen to enter the pin number. However no matter where I type nothing actually registers. So therefore I can't enter my pin which means I can't use the app. I tried wiping the cache by holding power and volume up when turned off, and removing and reinstalling the app, still the same. 

It's as if the screen deactivates when it's asking for a PIN. The only way to exit the PIN request screen is to use the power side button off then on, then pressing the home button. 

It's Samsung Galaxy fe20. 

17 Comments
Samsung Pay
I overcome the situation by turn off Wi-Fi and use Data. Then it works.
0 Likes
jizzy
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
I tried that and it doesn't seem to work for me
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

Did you try Uninstalling & Reinstalling Samsung Wallet? 

0 Likes
jizzy
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
Yes, I tried that several times and still nothing.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

Try this:

Go to Settings > Apps & Search for Samsung Wallet > Click on it & Scroll down to Storage > Clear Both Cache & Data for Samsung Wallet.

Next go to Settings > Apps & Toggle ON "Show System Apps" (middle right 3 Dot Menu) & Click "OK" Search for "Biometrics" & Scroll down to Storage & Clear Both Cache & Data for Biometrics ⚠️You'll need to Register your Finger Prints etc again ⚠️

jizzy
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
I don't have a " "show system apps" middle right three dot menu", here's what I seeSmartSelect_20230515_183404_Settings_1000006510_1684190044.jpg
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi, as adviced by RedDogRabbit please perform Clear cache and Clear data for the Samsung Wallet app, to remove and re-add your fingerprints.

After performing the above steps please reboot your device and also check if there is any latest software update available on your device.

If the issue still persists, then please perform backup and factory reset the device by following the steps in the given links.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-back-up-and-restore-data/

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-perform-a-factory-reset/

0 Likes
jizzy
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
Tried this, hard wipe and reset the phone, still the same issue
0 Likes
jizzy
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
Indeed I gave up and this point and use google wallet for now, and eventually switching to iPhone 15.