Original topic:

Couldnt set Samsung Wallet Verification method

(Topic created on: 05-06-2024 02:13 PM)
RizwanC
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Pay
My Samsung Wallet stopped working after an update. Get an error saying Couldnt set Samsung Wallet Verification method. Anyone know of any fixes?

17 Comments
Helenna
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi RizwanC, please try the following steps and check if it solves the issue:

If you're connected to Wi-Fi, turn Wi-Fi off and use Mobile Data. See if that works for you.

Remove all your Finger Prints in Settings > Biometrics, Reboot & Add your Finger Prints back & try again.

If it's still getting stuck on Finger Print Verification, you can try Clearing Cache and Data from Samsung wallet.

0 Likes
RizwanC
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
Hi,

I've tried what you suggested but no luck.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

What is the model number of your, ie: SM-xxxxx? 

Which country are you located in? 

RizwanC
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
S918W - Canada. It was working without issues until the wallet app did an update yesterday
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

Strange, no issues on my S23 Ultra One UI V6.1. 

Try Uninstalling & Reinstalling the app. 

Do you have the same version of Samsung Wallet? 

Screenshot_20240506_200342_Settings.jpg

RizwanC
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
Yes same version. I tried reinstalling it as well.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

Are you using any VPN etc?

You could also try Going to Settings > Apps > Toggle ON Show System Apps & Search for "Biometrics" and Click on it & Scroll down to Storage & Clear Both Cache & Data for Biometrics. Reboot. 

You'll need to Register your Finger Prints, Face etc again. 

RizwanC
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
No luck with this either. 😕. I also tried removing my Samsung account and adding it back
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
I think your PIN for wallet is incorrect or not working in sync. Reset that in system settings and try again. Had a similar issue to pay for late night snacks and had to walk a block home and back to use a bank machine at a variety store, keeping him from closing . Wasn't bad, but it was embarrassing!
0 Likes