Original topic:

Displays

(Topic created on: 07-22-2021 12:54 PM)
FraserSeaway
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
Please advise on new A7 tablet's screen polarization conflict with sunglasses. Never had a problem with A6 tablet.
20 Comments
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi, would you like to buy a new A7 tablet or do you already have one? and did you come across this issue with the A7 tablet?

0 Likes
FraserSeaway
Active Level 1
Tablets
I have a new one, replaced my previous A6, which didn't have this issue.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi, Does it happen with any specific app or with any e-books?

0 Likes
FraserSeaway
Active Level 1
Tablets
No, its the general display regardless of app. When wearing polarized bifocal sunglass readers, all is normal in portrait mode, texts, images, etc, but rotating 90° to landscape, all goes very dark. Seems a polarization issue, try it with polarized sunglases. Defiitely not a display setting.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Tablets

Hi, As of now there are no such issues. However, could you check for the updates? Also, I suggest you to get your device serviced by our authorized technician.

0 Likes
FraserSeaway
Active Level 1
Tablets
Well can you tell me, yes or no, is the screen glass polarized? I can find no reference to this. That would explain it.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi FraserSeaway, 

Yes, the A7 tablet screen is polarized.

0 Likes
FraserSeaway
Active Level 1
Tablets
That would explain the issue. Is there any remedy or setting that would counter this? Otherwise landscape mode is "NOT AVAILABLE" when outdoors using polarized sunglasses, which also includes prescription sunglasses. Not a good selling point!
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Tablets

Hi FraserSeaway, I'm sorry; there is no setting available for this.

0 Likes