Original topic:

Tab S8 Can not enter recovery mode.

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 12:33 AM)
slinkyaroo
Active Level 3
Options
Tablets
Tab S8, snapdragon, Canadian model, 8 gb/128 gb

Has anybody been able to get to the recovery mode in Tab S8? I can not (volume up and power button. Charge 100%.) I tried on two tablets, nothing. I have been able to enter recovery mode if plugged into PC or cell phone via USB C. Also USB C headset should work but I don't have any.

I gave up on Samsung support when the lady told me to hold the power/volume up/Bixby buttons at the same time. Yeah Bixby button! She wanted me to enter the recovery mode to factory reset when I told her many times my reason for communicating is that I can not get into recovery mode. If they can please stop reading from a script and listen to the customer it would be great.

Anyways ... is this a common issue to not enter recovery mode? I have had 4 other Samsung devices and never had this issue. Even my S20 FE is on Android 12 and it works for recovery mode.
0 Likes
14 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Tablets

When I got my Tab S7+ I was able to boot into recovery but when it updated to OneUI 3.1 that feature was broken and has never been fixed.

The only option since has been to connect to a computer which works perfectly for some reason and sounds like it is still broken on S8 line

Vic20
Active Level 10
Tablets
Yep. This seems to be an issue with their tablets now. Even the Tab S6 cannot boot into recovery on its own. I have the tab S8 plus and same issue. Need to have it connected to a PC to get it to work. It's definitely broken.
0 Likes
ssrattan
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

how did you get into recovery mode by connecting with PC, Could you please provide the steps

0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Tablets

Power off your device

Connect your charging cable from your device to the usb on a computer and notice device is charging

Press and hold in on the power key and volume up keys at the same time untill you see Samsung on your device screen and then release both keys and shortly you should see the recovery screen load

Use the volume down key to scroll through the list down to where "Wipe cache partition" is highlighted

Press the power key to select this

You will see a screen - Wipe cache? yes or no

Use volume down key to move to yes and power key to select

Your device should now have "Reboot system now" highlighted and press the power key to select

That is it and your device should boot up normally

joedez8324
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

I've been trying for days plugged into my regular charger and then came here!  Thanks for the information! It works just fine plugged into the PC! 

sunnnshin
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

THANK YOU! I fought this for hours 

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Tablets

Hi slinkyaroo, Could you please provide the screenshot of the issue while entering the recovery mode.

0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Tablets
The issue is you CANNOT boot into recovery mode using volume up and side key button. The workaround for this issue is to have the tablet plugged into a computer to get it into recovery mode.
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Tablets
did samsung confirm or publish any document describing these changes?
0 Likes