Original topic:

Timezone Not Updating

(Topic created on: 01-31-2023 07:29 PM)
GeogGuy
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
Greetings
I have a Galaxy s8 tablet that has timezone set to automatically update when I change a zone. However, it does not, I still need to manually change it when I have changed a time zone. We have two identical tablets and the other tablet works just fine - on the surface it appears both devices have the same settings. I am wondering if there is a permission that I am missing, or another setting that is less than obvious that needs to be changed.

I am considering a full reset of the device and a methodicaly reinstall of the apps to see if that corrects the problem.

Thanks for any help/suggestions provided.
Chris

12 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

You have the Location for the Tablet enabled, and Automatic Time Zone & Set Time Zone based on Location?

Other than that, I can't think of anything else off hand that would be preventing it from updating the Time Zone.

Screenshot_20230131_183524.jpg

Note! In the screen shot I do NOT have my time zone set to Based on Location, BUT you SHOULD! 

GeogGuy
Active Level 1
Tablets
Yes to all of the above. Location is turned on, and timezone using location is also on. Identical to our other tablet but doesn't work. Very weird. Thanks for the response.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Open the Samsung Members app > Click on Support & Diagnostics > Run the Diagnostics for Location & see if you get any error messages?

Screenshot_20230131_202125.jpg

I mean the Location accuracy would have to be off by a mile for this to be the reason, but worth a look.  

GeogGuy
Active Level 1
Tablets
Checked and passed. No errors or flags. Google maps when the my location is clicked takes me right to the correct location. Thanks for thinking of other options.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Are you using a VPN? That could certainly have an affect on the Time Zone. 

0 Likes
GeogGuy
Active Level 1
Tablets
i have a vpn but not engaged and typically only used to watch a show not when i am in motion.
0 Likes
Members_y20SANy
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I have the same issue on my tab s8 wifi. Left it for a day and it didn't change automatically yet. I'm also having my lockscreen notification become icons only all the time despite changing the settings again and again. It seems to revert. Just a few bugs I've been encountering. 

0 Likes
sahilla
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

I have the same exact issue on my Galaxy tab s7+. Toggled off and on, restarted, still not updating. Just did it manually.

0 Likes
GeogGuy
Active Level 1
Tablets
i eventually did a factory reset of the tablet and it resolved the issue.
0 Likes