Original topic:

WiFi 6E (6GHz) Incorrect password????

(Topic created on: 12-03-2022 12:05 PM)
felicem
Active Level 3
Options
Tablets
Hello community, 

After applying below latest sw update on my Galaxy Tablet S8+ I cannot connect with my 6GHz (WiFi 6E) SSID any longer. I get message "Incorrect password" which is really total nonsense. 

X800XXU2BVK4 / X800OXM2BVK6
Security patch level: November 1, 2022

Prior to this update, it was fine. Looks like this update broke WiFi 6E connectivity. 

Anyone else seen this ?

Thank you, 
Felice

0 Likes
19 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Did you try Resetting your Network Connections?

Open Settings & Search for "Reset" and click on "Reset Network Settings".

Reboot and try to connect with WiFi 6.

3 December 2022 174632 GMT-0500.jpg

Nylah
Options
Tablets

Hi, as suggested by the RedDogRabbit please try to reset network settings on your phone.

1. Go to Settings, and then select General management.

2. Find and select Reset.

3. Choose Reset network settings.

4. Tap on the Reset settings button.

5. Tap on the Reset button.

Note: When you reset the network settings, the Wi-Fi information connection are reset.

0 Likes
felicem
Active Level 3
Tablets
Good suggestion. Bur no cigar, same error. I'm able to connect to my 5GHz SSID, but not the 6GHz one. Should I create a formal ticket with Samsung ?
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

I'd start by contacting your ISP to see if they have any ideas. 

Sending an error report to Samsung, may not be the fastest way to find a solution. 

0 Likes
felicem
Active Level 3
Tablets
Hi, ISP has nothing to do here. I'm using their router as modem only. The 6GHz SSID is on my own ASUS GT-AXE11000 router. This update must have broken something with WPA3 authentication. Looks like a fault on the update. Who supports these updates ?
Ug2
Active Level 1
Tablets

I have the same issue with Samsung Tab s8 Ultra. I cannot connect to wifi 6ghz. Everything was working fine before the November 2022 update. 5ghz is working fine. I can connect to my wifi 6ghz with my Surface pro 9 and my PC without any issue. I tried everything, reset network connections, static IP ... but same issue, incorrect password with Samsung Tab S8 Ultra.

felicem
Active Level 3
Tablets
Sadly there doesn't seem to be anyone from Samsung tech support in this community who acknowledges this is a bug and provide info how to officially submit a bug report.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

If you want to submit a bug report, open the Samsung Members app & Click on Support > Send Feedback & Error Reports.

Screenshot_20230105_060657.jpg

0 Likes
felicem
Active Level 3
Tablets
Yeah I did that. Was asked to contact my ISP again. Very disappointing level of support.
0 Likes