Original topic:

Active 2 overheat warning after Samsung repair.

(Topic created on: 03-29-2021 03:09 PM)
AtlAlien
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Hi everybody. 

Just wanted to ask if anyone has had any luck fixing the overheating warnings on the Galaxy watch Active 2. 
The watch just came back from Samsung and they replaced the battery, logic board and connector. When setting up the watch I did not restore from back up. 

Should I call Samsung for another repair or is there anything I can try before sending it in again? 
0 Likes
10 Comments
Wearables
Does your battery drain very fast? Does your watch very hot? Or just overheat warning?
0 Likes
AtlAlien
Active Level 1
Wearables
Yep. Battery will drain down to from 72% to 11% within an hour & the watch feels warm but not hot.
0 Likes
Wearables
This is abnormal. Even with apps running in background, shouldn't drain 60% in an hour. 🤔

Have to try reset watch and don't restore from backup?
0 Likes
AtlAlien
Active Level 1
Wearables
@Tallman. That loss is with AOD off, HR monitor set to never, airplane mode on and brightness set to 3. I did try to set it up as a new watch when I got it back from the repair but I will try it again.

Appreciate your help 👊🏿
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Wearables

Hi AtlAlien,

Please confirm that are you using the official Samsung charging dock and cable that came with the watch? Also, check for any software updates for your smartwatch:

Open the Galaxy Wearable app >> About Watch >> Update Watch Software >> Update Now.

0 Likes
AtlAlien
Active Level 1
Wearables
Hi Halston. Yes, the watch is using the original dock & cable that came in the box. No software updates available as of today
0 Likes
adam40
Active Level 1
Wearables
Im having the same problem. I purchased $200 extra care when I got my active 2 and now they want to charge me another $70 to fix it.
0 Likes
AtlAlien
Active Level 1
Wearables
Quick update. Reset the watch and DID NOT restore from a back up.. got the same message as soon as the watch finished pairing. Going to be taking back to the authorized vendor this weekend. 🙄

1132_16494.jpg

0 Likes
Wearables
Yes, bring it back to store. 👍🏼
0 Likes