Original topic:

earbuds

(Topic created on: 06-06-2021 12:58 PM)
hazellowww
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables
My right side galaxy earbuds suddenly sounds not as loud as the left side. What should I do to fix it? 
4 Comments
Georgine
Options
Wearables

Hi, if your Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds+, Galaxy Buds Live, or Gear IconX earbuds have no or low volume and poor sound quality on one or both buds, there may be a couple of reasons why. You might be wearing the earbuds incorrectly, or the buds could have accumulated dust or debris. Additionally, the audio quality could be affected by outdated software, a low battery, and several other things.

• Be sure to use the earbud tips and wingtips that best fit your ears. Using the incorrect size can cause the call output to sound low or make you sound muffled when you speak.

• See if Ambient sound mode is on. Ambient sound mode allows you to hear sounds in the background while you are on a phone call. You could potentially hear a lot of background noise while talking. You should turn off Ambient sound mode to prevent this.

• Check the direction of each earbud. When you insert the earbuds into your ears, make sure the wingtips are facing upwards until they sit comfortably. Then, rotate the earbuds left or right for a snug fit.

• Adjust the volume on your device. You can increase the sound on the connected phone using the Volume up key. If the volume is set to max but the sound output is low, it is probably because the phone and earbuds have two separate volume controls. To control the volume on the earbuds themselves, you will need to set up touchpad commands. You should also check the media volume limiter settings.

• Check your Bluetooth range between the earbuds and your phone. Make sure to use the earbuds and your device within 30 feet of each other. The distance may vary depending on the environment and your earbud model. Avoid using the device near obstructions that can block the Bluetooth signal, such as walls, routers, electrical equipment, or electromagnetic waves.

• Make sure the microphone is not muted. If others cannot hear you during the call, make sure you have not muted the microphone. When you tap and hold the touchpad during a call, you can actually turn off the microphone that is built into the earbuds. Nothing will be displayed on the device when you mute the call using the earbud touchpad. To unmute the call, just tap and hold the touchpad to turn on the microphone again.

• Check the earbuds battery status. If the earbuds have a low battery, it may be necessary to charge the earbuds. You can check the battery level in the Galaxy Wearable app. Alternatively, you can insert the earbuds in the case to check the battery life. Depending on your earbuds, the charging case indicator light will be located on the front or rear of the case.

• Inspect the earbuds for dirt and damage.

• Be sure to regularly clean the earbuds. The build-up of dust, earwax, or other debris in the earbuds can make it difficult to hear.

• Inspect for a cracked or lifted case, and broken bent, or lose parts.

• If you see obvious damage, cracks, or small chips on the earbuds, this means that the earbuds have suffered from an external impact. This can impair the earbuds and their functions.

• The earbuds are not impervious to water damage in any situation. Exposure to water, liquids, or chemicals can cause damage or issues with the earbuds.

• Restart both devices. If you continue to experience problems, restart the earbuds, and then make sure the earbuds software is up to date.

Note: If the problem persists, service is required.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Wearables
1-Just clean them, it will be enough ..In about 90 % , this is why they don't work well.

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearables/How-to-Clean-Your-Galaxy-Buds/m-p/8389520#M25191

2-Also check if this setting is in the Middle
3- Check if your synchronisation is enableScreenshot_20210606-222038_Accessibility_41288.jpgScreenshot_20210606-222013_Accessibility_41286.jpg
0 Likes
BadFella
Active Level 3
Wearables
Its debris from your ear inside the bud. Take you Ear Buds, play music on full volume and run the find my earbuds feature.I took a q-tip, dipped it in isopropyl alcohol (70% trying to not ruin the plastic bits) and rubbed it a bit all over the metal grate and generally around it with the "find my earbuds" was running. I rubbed the metal grating about 5 times while the "find my earbuds" was running and blasting music on full volume. It broke up what ever was in there and now its back to maximum volume!

I'm starting to think this is a wide-spread problem. Thinking the new ear tips everyone is talking about will protect the earbud from ear debris more. I do make sure I clean my ears!

0 Likes