Original topic:

Galaxy Buds3 Pro Wishlist

(Topic created on: 05-10-2024 03:25 PM)
DaverZ
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
Hello, Samsung.

Here is a generalized wishlist of features for the Galaxy Buds3 Pro and beyond. I will add more features to this list if and when I think of them. Thank you for your consideration.

Estimated Reading Time: approx. 2-3 minutes

Last Updated: Monday, May 6th, 2024 @ 7:44pm EST

(1) 25% larger batteries in the buds: 76mAh

(2) 20% larger battery in the case: 600mAh

(3) IP68 rating in the buds and the case

(4) compatibility with the Galaxy Watch6 charging puck

(5) live translation built in, with automatic language detection

(6) Bluetooth 5.4

(7) multipoint Bluetooth pairing with two devices simultaneously

(8) support for aptX, aptX Adaptive and aptX HD Bluetooth codecs

(9) simple charging display on the outside of the case for showing the charge level of each earbud and the case itself

(10) Bluetooth connectivity in the case itself, in order to show the case's battery level on your phone while using the buds

(11) Ultra-wideband (UWB) technology in the buds and the case, in order to locate them when lost

(12) removable wingtips with three sizes included
EDIT: or alternatively, eartips with a non-slip coating or material

(13) addition of swipe gestures alongside the existing tap gestures, with swipe up, down, forward, and backward gestures for each earbud separately:
  • ability to turn repeat on and off, and switch between repeat album/playlist, repeat track/video, and shuffle album/playlist
  • ability to search forward and backward by a user-defined number of seconds, with ten seconds being the default setting
  • ability to skip to the next or previous playlist

(14) more accurate gestures

(15) better active noise cancellation of upper-midrange and high frequencies without sacrificing noise cancellation of lower-midrange and low frequencies

(16) re-tuned EQ profile to eliminate the harsh and tinny high frequencies that sound similar to MP3 compression artifacts

(17) better microphones with better noise filtering

(18) better motion sensors with more accurate head tracking

(19) tiny lanyard loops on the buds for tethering them to each other and/or the wearer
EDIT: to clear up any confusion, this refers to loops forattaching a lanyard strap

(20) lanyard loop on the case

(21) tiny LED on the buds for showing power and connection status, visible on the outside of the buds while wearing

(22) engraved Samsung logo visible on the outside of the buds while wearing

Thank you again.
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Wearables
Their STILL bulky and add volume to the overall case size and negatively affects a svelte design!

Show me 1 manufacturer that has wingtip in TWE's (True Wireless Earphones) with wingtip on as small as Galaxy Buds2 Pro's AND with wingtip on IN the case as small as Samsungs!

I'll wait

The wi gtips must be sturdy enough in their manufacture to have any usefulness so stating "flexible enough" poses challenges to Samsung R&D and the testing for all customers - including comfort fatigue wear ans tear. A separate consideration for warranty to boot!

👎 no it's a bad idea with this specific product. A lesser product is better choice.

Even Jabra came up with a much better solution: non-stick coating on Jabra Active Elite 4 and 5's I've had thr former and it's amazing!

My 6 cm top to bottom ears NEVER had slippage nor sweat issues nor ever came off taking off my hoodie
0 Likes
DaverZ
Active Level 4
Wearables
Wingtips do look unsightly, I'll agree.

Wingtips do increase the size of the case, but not by a huge amount if designed well.

Overall, I agree that the silicone+foam eartips are a better solution, as long as they don't compromise anything else too much. I'll add them to the list as an alternative to wingtips. I'm glad you informed me about them. Thank you.
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Wearables
19! NOOOOOo!
What are you thinking to wear these like some grandma glasses with that strong to hold them around the neck?!

You're wanting a completely different headset all together friend.
0 Likes
DaverZ
Active Level 4
Wearables
You wouldn't have to attach an actual lanyard to the buds if you didn't want to. The buds would simply have tiny loops on them to give you the choice. It would guard against losing the buds if they fall out. Again though, your choice.
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Wearables
You SPECIFICALLY STATED lanyard to the buds!

Did you forget even saying or typing that?!

Again you're asking the Buds Pro'sto be a completely different product category and segment. 1715010909788.jpg
0 Likes
DaverZ
Active Level 4
Wearables
No, I specifically stated lanyard LOOPS on the buds, as in loops for attaching lanyard straps.

No, I remember exactly what I wrote.

No I'm not. I'm asking for them to be more versatile and adaptable, and less prone to getting lost.
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Wearables
Got you - I mis interpreted. SOrry for that and I appreciate your kind informative correction. This is ME learning.
DaverZ
Active Level 4
Wearables
All is forgiven, and no problem. You learn something new every day.
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Wearables
ANd knowing is 'half' the battle ;) Cheers
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Wearables
12, 19, and 21 - NO!
These are In-Ear headphones.
Silicone+foam tips work to keep from sweating and slipping out; no UGLY /HARD USELESS Wingtips that add both UGLINESS, weight, and poor design adding volume to increase the tiny case!

Wingtips are like 1980's fannypacks "Be a man" lol 😆 (and u ain't The Rock to be the one to bring it back lol)

Leds are useless to the wearer whom will NEVER SEE THEM! these are for the wearer NOT an office worker like Jabra Elite 10s!
The auto (if enabled) conversational ambient eliminates the need for LEDs when someone starts talking to you.

0 Likes