Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 won't turn on or charge

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 06:13 PM)
Samsung_FINDW7H
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

My watch has been powered off for over a month now due to recovery from a workplace injury so i have had no need to wear a watch. when i turned it off it had a full battery, but now it doesn't want to power on or charge. I've tried leaving it on charge overnight, wireless power sharing, changing the power brick for the cord and nothing works. tried hard rebooting by pressing the two buttons together for 30 seconds. nothing. 

anyone else experience this problem?

I am pretty annoyed as I only bought this watch a year ago, so far my Fitbit is looking pretty good as at least it would still work after a year...

27 Comments
TonyHuang
Active Level 1
Wearables
I have the same problem! Everything was fine with my Galaxy Watch4 Classic two days ago, but yesterday it just couldn't turn on or charge as well. I got it when it released, so it's out of warranty, the people at Samsung experience store told me it could be the motherboard's problem, and would cost more than $200 to fix it.
0 Likes
TonyHuang
Active Level 1
Wearables
From what I read on Reddit, this problem is caused by the latest software update (VI3), Samsung Korea is now aware of the problem and offers free repair in Korea, hope Samsung Canada will also do it.
0 Likes
RS-BC
Active Level 2
Wearables
I'm also in the same boat. Stopped 2 days ago, won't turn on. I've also tried the single button start up, the double button boot, on and off charger. I've tried multiple electrical outlets as well as multiple Samsung chargers. Not happy, I'm 2 months past my 1 year of service.
0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Wearables

Hi, we appreciate your efforts in trying all the necessary troubleshooting steps.

As you have tried everything to get it resolved, we have the only option left is to get the device examined by the service technician to know the root cause of the issue and get it fixed.

Please visit the given link to know the nearest Samsung authorized service center.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

0 Likes
dave8713
Active Level 6
Wearables
I got this problem it was the motherboard
3LOB
Active Level 2
Wearables

it's not the motherboard, it's the new firmware. but replacing the motherboard will fix it; it's just an expensive fix for those out of warranty.

KingstonL
Active Level 3
Wearables
Try powering off the device and turn it back on. See if it turns on.
0 Likes
3LOB
Active Level 2
Wearables

if only it were that simple :(

0 Likes
KingstonL
Active Level 3
Wearables
S/hes making it sound like the problem has been resolved after the motherboard replacement. That's why I'm saying, try powering it off and turn it back on. If it turns on fine, then it really was the motherboard. If it doesn't, then its the firmware update that bricked the watch.
0 Likes