Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Spotlight

(Topic created on: 02-17-2021 02:31 PM)
SnowCat19
Options
Wearables

Hey everyone,

recently a friend approached me as he was in the market for a fitness tracker as one of his goals for 2021 is to get back in shape. Immediately the fitbit came into mind first (i dont know why...its like when you think about phones, most people would say apple arggg) 

Anyways, I asked him which fitbit he was looking at and he said he was most interested in the Versa 2 and he wanted to get my opinion. Now just wanna start by saying Fitbit, they are great but I like to choose products and brands that work with my everyday life...this is why I love my Galaxy Watch 3 as it pairs to my Samsung device no problem and syncs with all my Samsung devices from my Buds to my TV with the Samsung Eco system.

I believe the Fitbit has Alexa....but my friend uses google home so I asked him how will this help you? He also liked the fact it connects with his phone so he can receive notifications, sms, email etc

I advised him the Galaxy Watch has been able to do this for years. I dont use Samsung Health as much as I should, but whenever I start working out or going for a jog, it immediately starts detecting and starts tracking my heart rate, calories burnt etc. I also told him with the Galaxy Watch 3, you an track your ECG and Blood pressure (something you cant do on the fitbit ;) )

Even though this feature is not available in Canada, there are ways to unlock it and I love using it.

As for exercises on Samsung Health, there are over 10 programmed workouts on the Galaxy Watch. It will also track my sleep and how many cups of water I drink. I showed him a quick demo of my watch and he loved it! He also uses a Samsung phone, so a Galaxy watch was the obvious choice, he just has never used Samsung Health. I also showed him how easy the rotating bezel is and how premium this watch looks and feels.

After showing him how easy it was, he decided to get a Galaxy Watch 3

I really need to start using Samsung Health more on my watch because Health is very important...especially during this pandemic where most just stay indoors and not very active. Its important to get out every now and then, go for a walk or run, do some steps up and down your stairs. Just be safe and stay active!

11 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Wearables

@Snowcat19 says : Even though this feature is not available in Canada, there are ways to unlock it and I love using it.

Like many people complain about this , can you give them the tricks to unlock this feature ?

0 Likes
Wearables
hello @Cassidy, are you specifically asking how to unlock ECG and Blood Pressure on your Galaxy watch 3? if not maybe wait till someone who is asking can ask me.

also since this method is not a Samsung approved unlock I rather not post it on here. However anyone who can manage their way in this community should be more than capable to do a quick search on YouTube. Me being helpful as always, I am also available to help them if they reach out to me directly :)
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Wearables

@Snowcat19 

I asked you because many people complain about this and like i don't wear any watch i did'nt search How to for a solution...but now, i know than a solution exist.  Can you tell us what does Unlock and what you get when you do it ?

you can track your ECG and Blood pressure or more ?

0 Likes
Wearables

You should post it here...teach Samsung a lesson!...Next move...We'll **bleep** the hell of their phones and watches...the same way it was done with Iphone...From then on...They lost the grip of the market...

0 Likes
kmontgomery
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I filled YouTube steps and ecg works fine but app does not recognize phone for blood pressure. How do you get it to work? Thanks. 

0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Wearables
Fitbit is better fitness tracker vs samsung but for more than just fitness samsung watches are better. thats just my honest outlook from comparing side by side. Fitbit can almost always read your heart beat samsung watches have a problem with this due to the shape of them also the tracking of steps can be way off on a samsung watch. I did a test with a Fitbit ( my wifes) and it was more on point for steps and heart beat vs samsung.

now if Google doesn't make to much of a mess with Fitbit it should stay one of the best.
Halston
Options
Wearables

Thank you @

Wearables
Galaxy Watch for Life!!

SmartSelect_20210217-232335_Photos_27386.jpg

chommy
Active Level 1
Wearables
good produits Samson
0 Likes