Original topic:

IMEI issues

(Topic created on: 01-24-2023 07:19 AM)
Mclau1
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

I have bought a Samsung galaxy watch 5 from Samsung Canada website, it was delivered on my door in 2 days. Once I went to my  Mobile services to connect with my mobile using LTE, they told me the IMEI number was unknown. After call many times to Samsung because my wearable device is showing an error code -1, I realized Samsung Canada sent me a watch from USA. Now I am stuck with a watch bought in Canada but not from Canada, it is incompatible with my phone. It took me few days and many hours to figure out this mistake from Samsung. I tough the Samsung online Store in Canada was trustable, but not. Now I don’t live close to a Samsung store and I have to drive to try to fix this issue because they don’t do it on line. I would like ti know what Samsung will do ti fix this error. 

0 Likes
5 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

How long have you had the watch? 

I'd send it straight back to Samsung Canada & let them fix the issue. 

Mclau1
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hi, I bought about 1 month ago

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

Well, regardless of how long ago (within reason), You purchased the watch from Samsung's Canadian website:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/offer/new-year-watch-5-buds2-pro/?cid=ca_pd_ppc_google_galaxy-watch5-seri... 

right? 

If they sent you the US model, to a Canadian address, I think that it is REALLY up to them to fix the problem! 

If you purchased the watch using a credit card, you could also contact them to dispute the charge. 

fox2
Active Level 4
Wearables
I have a watch from Samsung usa .. watch 5 pro but not the LTE...
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We kindly request you to contact our Online shopping team with the link given below, they might help you further accordingly and we are sure that your issue will resolve soon.

Unfortunately, as your'e in Beginner level 1 we are unable to send you DM(direct message) to take the details and escalate the issue to appropriate team.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/

0 Likes