Original topic:

No more automatic goodnight mode?

(Topic created on: 03-28-2021 08:26 PM)
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Options
Wearables
The recent Galaxy Watch update removed the automatic goodnight mode from my Galaxy Watch. I've spent hours going in and out of all settings (phone and watch) and a factory reset of the Watch and this is completely gone.

Why would you remove this feature?

Samsung, you keep removing features from.your devices and it's getting ridiculous and to the point that my next devices will definitely NEVER be Samsung devices again! Other stuff I won't mention here since it's not related but I've mentioned it and it's annoying AF to lose features I regularly used. Means I have no more reason to stay with you!
0 Likes
53 Comments
Wearables
I checked my GW and there is automatic goodnight mode. Same as my GW3. I found it under Wearable app -> Advanced -> Goodnight mode -> Turn on daily.

It will turn on automatically base on your sleeping habit.

Screenshot_20210328-213420_Galaxy Watch3 PlugIn.jpg

0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
Mines gone ever since the recent update this month to my GW and nothing I do brings that "turn on daily" option back. You're on the recent update released this month (last 4 of the software version is CUC1)?

I wanna say the 16th but it wasn't too long ago.

Screenshot_20210328-235030_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.png

Wearables
It was on March 13th. That is my N10+ with Galaxy Watch.

20210328_215145_39564.jpg

0 Likes
Wearables
There are few suggestions here:

- Try uninstall and reinstall Galaxy Wearable app

- May be go to Settings → Apps → Galaxy Wearable → Storage

Click clear data and clear cache

Open Wearable app and see if the feature back in place.
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
Tried those steps and didn't work so tried uninarallinf again, rebooted phone and wiped the cache. Then factory reset watch again so everything would be fresh (app and watch) and still nothing.

Samsung messed something up then on the Note 20 Ultra since it appears your Note 10+ is not facing this problem like I am.
0 Likes
Wearables
I think they messed up something on update. I do have the option on my Note20 Ultra thou (attached screenshot). But after UI 3, I ended up factory reset my phone due to lots of issue. After factory reset, all good for me. Maybe you should factory reset your phone too. Android11 is a big update and always recommend factory reset afterwards.

Screenshot_20210329-060601_Galaxy Watch3 PlugIn.jpg

0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
I factory reset my phone in January after OneUI 3.0/Android 11 update and again a bit earlier this month too after the OneUI 3.1 update.

This automatic goodnight mode was always present until the watch itself received its own update this month.

I don't know why this, and other features, keep disappearing and seems not for all if it's ok on your Note 20 but not on mine.
0 Likes
Wearables
That's weird. I have no clue. But the feature is there. They didn't remove it.
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
Could carriers be messing with features like this? I'm with Telus. Cuz no other thing I can think of if it's there for some and not others.
0 Likes