Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Watch5 Pro ECG & BP in Canada

(Topic created on: 12-18-2022 10:50 AM)
Pupusik
Active Level 7
Options
Wearables
Hi, I have tried to search for the details regarding the Watch5 Pro ECG and BP features regarding their availability in Canada. This is not a question regarding their accuracy or calibration, just wanted to inquire if these features work in Canada.
Regards
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OlytheGoalie
Active Level 6
Wearables
I know it works with my 5 Pro and my Z Fold 3...I think it has to be a Samsung phone but there is a **bleep** that will work on other phone brands as I have had the 5Pro ECG and BP working on my Surface Duo 2.

View solution in context

7 Comments
Solution
OlytheGoalie
Active Level 6
Wearables
I know it works with my 5 Pro and my Z Fold 3...I think it has to be a Samsung phone but there is a **bleep** that will work on other phone brands as I have had the 5Pro ECG and BP working on my Surface Duo 2.
Pupusik
Active Level 7
Wearables
Hi OlytheGoalie, are you in Canada ?
0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Wearables

Hi, we would like to tell that Yes you can conveniently measure your blood pressure or ECG whenever you want to check them with the Samsung Health Monitor app of your Watch that includes both the optical heart rate sensor and electrical biosensor.

You can check the measurement history using the Samsung Health Monitor app on your smartphone since your Watch and smartphone have been synced automatically.

Manage your health more systemically with your physician based on your measurement results.

• If you have not installed the Samsung Health Monitor app on your connected smartphone, launch the Samsung Health Monitor app on your Watch and follow the on-screen instructions to download it from the Galaxy Store on the smartphone.

• The Samsung Health Monitor app is only supported on the Samsung smartphones.

• Individuals under the age of 22 cannot use the Samsung Health Monitor app to measure your blood pressure or take your ECG.

Thisguy3232
Beginner Level 4
Wearables
Now, just let me use it without setting up a dumb lock screen.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

"under the age of 22" lol, 12 year olds figured out more about Android, than 90% of those older than 22.. "cannot use" 🤣😂

Timelord1791
Active Level 1
Wearables

Why would you restrict the monitoring app to only Samsung Smartphones? Seems counter productive. Samsung phones are expensive and not everyone can afford both a Samsung Phone and matching watch. I chose a cheaper, but well made Android Smartphone but spent the savings on the Samsung Watch, because of it's functionality...and because I don't like Apple products. Since both devices are Android based/compatible, the health monitoring app should be able to be installed either via the Galaxy Store or Play Store. There is nothing proprietary about what the app does...it's about it being able to read, record and save the health data from the watch on your smartphone.

Why does it have to be a Samsung Smartphone specifically.  Shame on you Samsung for restricting functionality of an app to only those who can afford to buy only Samsung products in able to take advantage of a great feature. Very disappointed.

0 Likes
Gpsniper
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
Can the ECG do real-time monitoring without the finger? Kinda like the bpm monitors you all day.
0 Likes