Original topic:

Note 8

(Topic created on: 04-17-2019 04:35 PM)
Jas03
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
So recently whenever I get a call and I accept it the screen does not go off its goes off for maybe like 2 seconds and comes back on. Even if I press the power button it turns off for 2 seconds but comes back on. The only way to actually fox that is to press the home button while on the call to out in background and then it turns off. Why is this happening randomly. 
0 Likes
7 Comments
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey @Jas03,

This sounds like an issue with your proximity sensor—did you put your Note8 in a new case by any chance? Sometimes magnetic interference can disrupt the sensor functionality.

If not, you can test if your proximity sensor is working by typing *#0*# into your phone's dial pad, and selecting Sensor.  Run your hand across the top of the screen. If the device turns green and vibrates, then your sensor is working fine—likely a setting somewhere that needs to be toggled.

Give this a shot and let us know how it goes! 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Jas03
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I tired and it does turn green
0 Likes
Jas03
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
the phone screen issue was fine when I was on oreo, it just started happening a couple days ago
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note

Hmm, did you update to Android P? Might be a settings issue then, try this:

1. Go to Settings > My device > Smart screen and turn on Smart Stay.
  2. Open your Phone app, then tap on your menu button and tap Call Settings.
  3. Uncheck Turn off screen during calls.

Fingers crossed this works!

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Jas03
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I turned the smart stay on but I cant seem to the the option to turn off screen during calls in the settings
0 Likes
Jas03
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Nothing has been working
0 Likes
Hny
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
same issue with me aswell
0 Likes