Original topic:

ways to track mobile data usage fast?

(Topic created on: 12-12-2017 10:01 AM)
uwengdori
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
currently I use my carrier app (Canadian rogers) and note 8 settings where both I require opening them and go to right sections. I wanted to see if there is a widget that instantly shows my data usage. I know there are apps that do track it but somehow I had to start correctly on 1st day of month and so on.
0 Likes
7 Comments
raybo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Try My Data Manager by Mobidia Technology from Google Play Store. It's free. Has notifications and widget. When you enter your plan details, you can enter the data already used - so you can start tracking anytime.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I use my data manager. works great, even gives you an allotted amount for the day and notifies you if you've gone over your budget
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yeah I use the Data Manager that is built into the devices, let's you set a warning Cap and a Disable cap so if you hit your limit it'll turn off your data, the built in manager also allows you to choose your billing cycle so it'll reset when your data resets. You can then also download Data Usage Panel to have it as part of your Edge Panel so you can just swipe over and see your usage.
0 Likes
blarga
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I use the Edge Panel that Jonathan mentioned above. Not always in my face but convenient enough when I need to check.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I also recommend My Data Manager if you really want to track your data. You can also customize your alarms and have persistent notification and/or widget. It gives a good breakdown of app usage by hour, day, week, month or plan period. Definitely great if you really need to track/check data usage. More robust than the built-in data tracker.
0 Likes
SHONG
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I also think the data usage edge panel makes your life so much easier. It makes it easier to see your data usage, and it is easier to turn on/off data using it, because there's a button that sends you directly to the data usage settings, then you can turn on/off data, without having to go in the settings and looking through all the pages.
0 Likes
BillieBob
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
My Data Manager has a good customizable widget. f09aa8cb-3e43-4fda-9866-a13a83d8be4d.jpg
0 Likes