Original topic:

Seems like it's falling apart..AOD issues

(Topic created on: 05-21-2020 04:42 AM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
This is why I get frustrated with Samsung. Fix one thing and another starts happening! 

Now as a couple days, the AOD keeps turning itself off. I have the power mode set to optimized, adaptive isn't on and the AOD is checked to always on. 

But every morning after wind down ends, I have to go back into the settings and toggle the AOD switch back on. This is super annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?  Fix? Known issue? Thanks 
0 Likes
13 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
@IfLySoLO
Its not falling apart 🤙
https://youtu.be/7a66clRobKI
When you get it how you like, I would leave it alone (manual updates only) or you will be forever chasing glitches 🤦
I don't use AOD because it socks the juice from other things id rather drink🤷
someone will help you, you feed us all... so somebodies brain gotta be fueled for this 🤣
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
lol..i like AOD..
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
This happens every morning as if some other app is turning it off? If you go to settings and type device admin, what's in there besides find my phone ?
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
find my device, outlook device policy and mce and they are all off.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I was thinking adaptive battery but i see that's off, if everything is set to off in device admin, the only other thing i can think of is a third party app that controls notifications (led, light app). I would also maybe try a clear cache partition in recovery and last resort, backup and factory reset. Sorry i can't be more helpful, that's all i can think of unless someone else has the solution. Good luck.
Galaxy S
I'd Activate "Find My Device" - Should you ever lose it - You can remotely Wipe it... Particularly important to protect your delicious recipes 😋 amongst other more mundane security issues.

I've got nothing else to add to what's already been suggested.
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
🤣🤣 I did as soon as i checked in there.. but this AOD. Grrr
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Are you using any notification app that controls AoD? Are you running any routines that could disable AoD?
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
maybe its the bedtime routine that doesn't shut up if I wake up later or sooner. I hate Bixby routines!
0 Likes