Original topic:

Regional variants - major ANNOYANCE!!!

(Topic created on: 07-12-2017 09:57 AM)
Dilbert
Active Level 5
Options
Others
This particular aspect of Samsung flagship phone launches has long been a major annoyance for me - different variations of a flagship for different markets!

Latest case in point ... Galaxy S8/S8+ :

1) Why does Samsung think the 6GB/128GB variant should only be available in Asia and that only Asian buyers would be interested in that model? Plenty of buyers in North America would also be interested! And why release this variant months after the initial product launch?

2) Next is the colour choices available. In North America, only the black and orchid grey were available at launch. However, the Samsung website in Hong Kong, Singapore and China listed the gold and coral blue as being available in those countries. Again, why does Samsung think only buyers in those countries would be interested in those colours? The coral blue is an absolutely stunning colour and I know many in North America would love to get their hands on it!

The OnePlus 5 was released as a single variant, "global phone", i.e. one version for all markets. If a much smaller company like OnePlus can do it, why not Samsung?!?!

Samsung, please stop annoying your customers and making them feel short-changed by releasing different models in different markets, or releasing slightly "improved" models months after the initial product release.

If OnePlus and Apple can do it, so can you!
0 Likes
6 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
it's the same with the processor different in Canada and U.S than in England and Europe.... there's is so much better...
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
I agree.
0 Likes
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Others
Yes I wish we got the Exynos version here in Canada and not only the Snapdragon version.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Others
Hey @Dilbert, this has actually been an issue that's been brought up quite a few times on the Members forum. I've already passed up the feedback and request for different models to be available globally - hopefully this can be implemented in the near future. Thank you for your feedback and patience!

-Nick
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
i agree with this 100% why have so many varients though out the world. would it not only make sense having one varint of an s7 or s8 or galaxy note be more cost effective? also even the software side of it too. we would all get the updates at the same time like what apple does with their ios. we as the samsung consumers all what the same assume experience and do not to be treated as a regional consumer.
0 Likes
진시형
Active Level 6
Others
or move to Korea. then problem is solved. they always keep the best options for the home country it seems.
0 Likes