Original topic:

Things to notice about the Update

(Topic created on: 01-06-2020 11:43 AM)
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Options
Others
I am not sure if this is just me or someone else too but I put my wallpaper as a photo of mine in Black and White and the tone of the photo seems a bit more yellowish and grayish for some reason. I have the Bluelight filter completely turned off.

Secondly, I don't why Samsung decides to take off the 'Button Grid' option from the Quick Settings. I find it disappointing that I am stuck with the 4x4 grid only as of now.

Also, the height of my Samusng keyboard change and was set to deafault for some reason, which should not have happened.

For those who want to maximize their interaction and care for that 1mm of screen (like me ;)) with the screen can now deselect or turn of the option for 'Gesture Hints' which will take away that rectangular bars from the bottom for navigation.

WOULD LOVE TO KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS! 
16 Comments
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Others
ohh i see 😞
0 Likes
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Others

2GB!! Uhm interesting
Headly
Active Level 1
Others
0 Likes
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Others
on what phone?
0 Likes
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Others
The only thing I'm not fond of is the permission settings for each app. Now you have to go to permissions, then they are categorized by allowed and denied. To change, then you have to click on a permission and then toggle it. The extra step is not necessary. The toggles should be right there on the first permission screen.
0 Likes
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Others
Okay, I found out why my wallpaper was dark. cuz the toggle was on for it by default. you can turn it off in the settings.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Others
The gesture hints could be hidden in OneUI 1.5 so not a new thing. Not sure how that could have been missed. 😂

I haven't bothered checking for OneUI 2 yet either. Maybe later tonight when I have some down time. 😅

Side gestures are not new either (been using it since Note 8). Maybe they decided to implement One Hand Operation+ into the current settings. I found it more efficient and ergonomically friendly for my small hands. No need to reach the bottom of the screen anymore. And I can launch notifications and other things with the gestures. I just hope they didn't dumb it down like they did when they brought out Bixby Routines. At least be able to program the gestures to what I want like before and where on the screen to activate. If they messed that up I will be sorely disappointed.
0 Likes