Original topic:

Samsung Pay - Tangerine Card Error/RBC Activation Code

(Topic created on: 09-20-2018 06:39 AM)
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Options
Samsung Pay
Hey!

So I'm trying to register my Tangerine Card for Samsung Pay but after I add my card information and then Agree to the terms and agreement I get the following error:

"Failed to register your card. Try again later"

Now I'm not sure if this error is due to the promotion. I added my card successfully yesterday and then realized after that you first have to Register for the promotion and then sign your card up. So I deleted my card and then attempted to re-add it. I've waited 24 hours since and figured that would help but still no luck. I'll keep trying till later but any suggestions other than resetting Samsung Pay which will be my last step lol

Also, anyone with RBC try linking their card?

When Samsung Pay first supported RBC I attempted to register both my Debit and Credit Card. I got through all the steps but when it needs to verify it provides two suggestions (Send Activation code by text or Call your Bank). Obviously I'd rather the easier "code by text" option but everytime I try, I receive no text and so I can't verify my card. So I called and got my Debit activated but they wouldn't do my Credit Card at the time because I didn't have it registered yet. I figured it was an early issue but it seems it's still a problem as I tried registering my credit and the same thing happens, no text received.
8 Comments
uzairm87
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
first register for promo then call rbc to verify. sometimes specific cards fail to re register. happened to me and a friend with cibc. my rbc and tangerine is fine. once I got verification code after 3 hrs
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Samsung Pay
My RBC card one is the first attempt, it's never been successfully registered because it never texts me the code, I've tried almost monthly, only reason I haven't called is cause I don't really use my credit card unless it's for online purchases, just tried again for the promo lol. I was just wondering if anyone managed to successfully get an activation code for it and I guess you did so it's possible just rare though lol
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Samsung Pay
hey @Jonathan34 I had this issue once and after a large number off calls and many hrs on the phone it ended up being my language setting on my phone!!!!
As you know I have mine set to English UK being English and all the different spelt words the U S English has.. anyway I had to revert back to US English then all my cards registered no problem and the reset my English UK..
I am not saying this is your problem but worth checking out.
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Samsung Pay
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm gonna try English US and see if that help, mine is currently English Canada.
0 Likes
Bill11
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
I had zero issues adding my card. The only issue I have now is that the Amazon promo did not work.
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Samsung Pay
Yeah, I cleared my cache and it worked to add it. Not sure if there's a follow up though.

Just in case, you have to click the promo in the Samsung Pay app and then select to register before adding your card or else you won't be eligible.

It's also a limited supply thing as well.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
Hey @Jonathan34
i had the same problem adding my RBC Debit card
I had to call RBC and they added it for me
And this is how I got my $15 amazon gift card
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Samsung Pay
Did you get a confirmation for your Amazon card?
0 Likes