wackdonald
Active Level 4
So I tried to do the latest update on my s10. It refuses to connect to the server when im on my home wifi. When I switched to mobile data, it downloaded the update just fine. Also, I can't connect to my TV when both devices are on same wifi network.   The wifi works just fine in all other cases but I'm having these two problems. I don't understand what's causing the problem. 
10 Comments

I had this same issue, when I was trying to do a system update on my Galaxy S9 (curretnly not on any provider) 

I kept on getting the error unable to connect to server.

Because it is not on a network, I could only do it over wifi, but after a few attempts, and getting the same error, I just didnt bother.

wackdonald
Active Level 4
no. it's called freedom.
wackdonald
Active Level 4
with the number of carrier related problems I'm having, I don't think im getting phone from a carrier again. anyways, thanks man! I appreciate it
Shaggyskunk1
Expert Level 5
You might want investigate a couple of things - before you decide to purchase directly Samsung:

a) Unbranded Carrier OTAs may be slower than Carrier devices.

b) Because some Canadian Carriers WANT you to get the device from them - You may find that things like WiFi Calling & VoLTE aren't supported by them - Even though it's exactly the same hardware.. 🕊
MAP
Active Level 6
Same thing with my S10+ on bell experiencing since the last update wifi problem, can't connect to my chromecast on the same wifi, on wifi its slow and when on LTE all is fine, even I deactivate the 5gz band on my router because I was thinking it was the issue. Still the same issue
Peppersmum
Active Level 1
My S2 and Tab A 2019 keep giving me failed to connect to server when I check for updates. They are both wifi only.
Tallman
Active Level 10
Some users can't connect to server over WiFi (local internet ISP) and some users can't connect over mobile network (different providers). I still believe that somewhere DNS servers are down and causing this connection failed.
Joce1
Active Level 7
Down since few months ?🤔
Joce1
Active Level 7
Je crois que depuis le temps que ça dure il y a des limites. Comme c'est un problème majeur, Samsung devrais "remonter le problème et au moins signaler aux responsables de bouger. Et . . . de nous tenir informé des progrès. C'est un sérieux problème