Original topic:

Ad problems

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 10:43 AM)
Askin
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hi
I have question in my Galaxy A8 (2018) i have some ads problem few days i never download any apk but every time i open my phone and 2 or 3 minutes after i have ads every time. I restart my phone but it still same nothing changes. Does anyone have sane problem or just me. Can you help me with this problem.

Thank you
0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy A
The Ads are NOT from Samsung - You must have downloaded some bad apps - You can use Nice Catch from the Galaxy Store to find which apps are causing the Ads - Or you could just uninstall the apps that were recently installed when the issue started 🐧
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A

It doesn't have to be an apk app that causes the adds.

It will likely be an app that you downloaded just before or about the time that the adds started that is causing the problem.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @Askin,

Was there anything you downloaded(doesn't have to be an APK) in the past few days? Maybe go back to check your downloads folder. @Shaggyskunk1 and @Ray2 are correct, Samsung doesn't have native apps inside their UI or system. Please keep us posted!

Cheers,

Jeremy 

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Wouldn't hurt to install free
Malwarebytes or something similar, that usually picks them up.
also there was something I had on my device before it was called
"Opt out" I think, but I forget how I got rid of it though 🤦 it has something to do with the browser 🤷
0 Likes
Wolf1
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Could try an app called AdGuard. It's available through www.adguard.com for 30 day's free then a very good price after.
Started using it on a Galaxy A5 then wound up buying for all Android devices myself for the ad blocking & an additional security against malware