Original topic:

Concerns about Android 11 update

(Topic created on: 04-29-2021 05:55 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy A
At first I was looking forward to this update as I had read the security upgrades in regards to applications and their rights to overlap or appear on top where being taken away in Android 11 and 12. Not only does that not seem true I found in the special access settings many apps that now have uncontrolled rights such as I used to be able to shut Wi-Fi control rights off and there's a bunch of apps now that you can't do it anymore it's just fogged over such as Amazon. Same with appear on top, secure folder which I used to be able to shut off is now stuck on appear on top no option to shut it off. I've noticed this with many things through the settings on Android 11 and now actually wish to go backwards but do not want to factory reset my phone. Has anybody else kind of been stunned by this, gone through the settings or does anybody even care about this? It is an issue and a downgrade in user control yet again.

User control downgrade Android 11

8 Comments
Galaxy A
Hello #gingerbeef1990 I have not yet experienced the issues you have mentioned. Then again I have not touched those apps since I did the update. Let me say however that this type of change in app behavior and rights concerns me very much. It reminds me of how I used to be able to log out of my Google account on my Chrome book until that function was taken away. The only way to logout in that case is to log out of the device completely. It is disturbing to think how much effort is put into the consumer purchasing these products and it starts off with a trusting relationship. Soon things change and control erodes. I hope someone listens and fixes these things. Thank you for the heads up.
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A

Factory reset will not take you back to a previous version of Android so don't waste your time doing this to try and rectify the permissions you are not liking. After reset you will still be on the same version of Android.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
After a simple reset but I've found ways. It is possible to drop this A70 back to 9 unless somehow that changed recently. I don't want to but I have successfully reverted before
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
You can go back to Android 10 and 9 on your A70 at the moment, yes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, As you updated to Android 11. I suggest you try the wipe cache partition steps and check if there is any difference. Please write back to us if you are facing the same issue.

Please try performing the wipe cache partition by following the instruction below and check if the issue got resolved.

Turn off the device. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key. When the Android logo displays, release both keys. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight "Wipe cache partition". Press Bixby / Power key to select. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select. When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Nothing changed. Even Facebook has appear on top stuck on so I uninstalled it to the stub and disabled it. I'm over it as nothing really ever changes. Just don't understand the flat out misleading info on what the android 11 security upgrades would be as it at least with this Samsung A70 was a complete downgrade of user control. Also my old Walmart LG already has the may 2021 google play patch and this A70 is still the april google play patch and says its up to date when I check DAILY at this point as May is almost over. Totally over it.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
If this is not something that is supposed to be please let me know and provide a outlet to send screenshots of all the apps with settings locked on and the google play store update issue as well as I'm constantly getting app updates with the same update info as the previous app update or just no information provided by developer
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, please verify your device in safe mode to diagnose the issue exactly if the third party apps cause the issue or the device. Safe mode to check if added apps are causing problems. This mode only loads basic system software and allows you to disable third-party applications.

1. After turning off the device, turn it on.

2. Once the Samsung logo has started, press and hold the volume down button.

3. When the home screen appears, the safe mode is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.

How to deactivate safe mode.

1. Press and hold the power button.

2. Tap Restart."

0 Likes