Original topic:

disabling Samsung internet

(Topic created on: 02-10-2021 09:25 PM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
How can I disable Samsung internet and make my selected browser default?
I have selected my browser and made it default but Samsung internet still opens. Samsung internet does not support D.O.H. so I do not want it activating at any time. 

10 Comments
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
I noticed the same thing on my N20U5G. I set Firefox as my Internet browser but it flips between the two randomly. Guess if you don't use Samsung Browser they don't get paid for advertising 🤷🙄.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Have you tried deleting Samsung Internet storage data? It should reset Samsung Internet and should not launch as you need to agree to its terms and services prior to use.

Also in Samsung Internet settings check to see under Useful features>allowed apps and disable apps that have access to it if it appears on the list. You can access Samsung Internet settings without opening the app within Settings>Apps>Samsung app settings.

Note 10+ running OneUI 3.0. I've never had Samsung internet open unexpectedly. I use Edge as my default.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
You cannot delete Samsung internet, you can only force stop which i tried.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Hmmm... Maybe I didn't phrase properly? Delete the app data... That's what I meant. Lol
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy A

this used to work previously,  but you have to connect to your phone with ADB, then run

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.android.app.sbrowser

Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Hi @ , you can check if Samsung's Internet Browser have some permission to open automatically some applications
Open Samsung's Browser settings
Click on Useful features
Disable applications if you don't want them to open in Samsung's Browser

Screenshot_20210211-114638_Samsung Internet_29685.jpg

Screenshot_20210211-114545_Samsung Internet_29681.jpg

Screenshot_20210211-114603_Samsung Internet_29683.jpg

keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Thanks everyone.

Hi SamSungtwo, I suggest you please try the resolution provided by Cassidy and check if the issue got resolved.

0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
strangely when I open it now I get the message below as if it had never been opened. if I open the Samsung user manual it still tries to open Samsung internet.

Screenshot_20210211-190328_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Ok. Happens to me too. I guess it's going to be dependent on the app. Samsung might have hard coded the user manual to open strictly with Samsung internet?
0 Likes