Original topic:

Samsung A30 Side Key Settings Tab is Gone

(Topic created on: 07-22-2023 05:26 AM)
Bluebutterflies
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hello,

I have an A30 device that has a problem. I have set my device's side key to launch the camera app when the key is double pressed. It probably had been well over a year since I've set it. However, now I can't find the menu to change it in the "Advanced Features" tab. Had it been removed? Or is there a problem with my device?  If so, how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

If your device has the side button option, but for some reason it has disappeared, there's really only one solution that I can think of, and unfortunately it is a Factory Reset.

You can try Wiping Cache from Recovery, but I don't think that will help. 

Since you didn't get any errors with the Diagnostics, I don't think that it's a hardware problem. 

I know that some 3rd party apps can modify some settings, and usually, the only way to restore the settings to the original state, is to Factory Reset. 

Backup your device with Smart Switch, but don't include Settings in the backup, as you don't want to accidentally restore the issue. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Did you try Searching in Settings for "side"? 

If the option is gone from the Settings on your device, you could still also open Samsung Members app & Click on Support & run the Diagnostics for the hardware Buttons. See if you get any error messages? 

Screenshot_20230722_083326.jpg

0 Likes
Bluebutterflies
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi RedDogRabbit,

First, I am sorry for the late reply.

I did search for "Side" and "Side Key" in the settings, but it only showed up once. When I first tried, It did show up and when I tapped on it, it took me to "Advanced Features" tab and that was it. When I tried again, it didn't show up.

I've run the test, everything looked normal. There weren't any errors.

0 Likes
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

If your device has the side button option, but for some reason it has disappeared, there's really only one solution that I can think of, and unfortunately it is a Factory Reset.

You can try Wiping Cache from Recovery, but I don't think that will help. 

Since you didn't get any errors with the Diagnostics, I don't think that it's a hardware problem. 

I know that some 3rd party apps can modify some settings, and usually, the only way to restore the settings to the original state, is to Factory Reset. 

Backup your device with Smart Switch, but don't include Settings in the backup, as you don't want to accidentally restore the issue. 

0 Likes
Bluebutterflies
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hello again,

I see, well I'll consider that option. Thank you for your help. Have a great day.

Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, we are glad to see that you found the required information and your issue has been resolved.

Please get back to us if you require any further assistance in the future.

Thank you.

0 Likes