Original topic:

Always on display gone after update

(Topic created on: 02-15-2019 10:12 AM)
Chrispy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
I just installed the latest Samsung update last night and I no longer have the always on display window. I've checked in settings and even changed the clock face. I've restarted the phone. I've installed a different theme. Nothing has worked.
Just recently I got rid of my bedside alarm clock and bought a expensive stand-up charger to use my phone as my alarm clock. Took a lot of clutter off my bedside table and I loved it. Now I have a dead screen when I look at my phone in the middle of the night.
Did this happen to anybody else or is there anybody out there who can help?
0 Likes
7 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
try clearing cache partition. then see if you have AOD set to show clock face and it turned on. hope this helps.b119b536-7aad-478f-9b77-2dfc4275ffa9.jpg
0 Likes
Peepmouse
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Same. Where is the cache partition on a Samsung J8, please?
0 Likes
Chrispy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I just read that the new update involves having to tap your always on display screen to see the clock. I tried that and it works. but the article I read also said I could turn that feature off and yet it looks like I have everything set up properly. I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night and then have to tap the screen and wait for it to light up. that's why it's sitting on a wireless charger! should I still try to clear the cache? If so, I need more specifics as I am a dummy when it comes to smartphone words like cache. and if I clear this cache thing, will anything important disappear on me?
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
ya to clear cache partition. power off device, then pressure and hold 3 keys at same time. the power button-bixby key- volume up. then it should bring up a few options and use the power button and volume keys to navigate. be careful to only wipe cache partition, then that's done press the restart option. this is always good to do once in awhile and also after an update. also no this dosen't get rid of anything important.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
There is setting on Always on display > display mode> show always e10bfd1c-e0ca-4726-8ef0-77826a97af2f.jpg
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
good tip 👌👍
0 Likes
Chrispy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I finally found it! Thank you very much you guys!!!
0 Likes