Original topic:

Camera setting

(Topic created on: 08-28-2021 04:35 PM)
luqy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Samsung remove so many existing camera features and setting, to force people to buy new phones.
ITS FACT.

Note 10 plus.
1: we cant change picture and video resolution anymore.
2: live focus option is no more available.
3: picture n picture was available in note 3 bit now in another moder after that.
Now it's available in New device by changing its name director mode.
I am a samsung phone user since note3 now I have note 10plus.
But now my next phone will be iphone for sure.
Very disappointed with samsung playing tricks and force people by downgrading existing phone features.
6 Comments
Galaxy Note
1. I would say before was easier because I can set photo size before take the photo. But now, you can still choose resolution size, but right after you took the photo and edit the photo one by one.

Correction - #2 They rename it to Portrait mode 😌Screenshot_20210828-150952_Photo Editor.jpg
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I also have the Note 10+...

Regarding #1, you just change the aspect ratio to change the resolution. It's that simple and the resolution is exactly the same as before. And this is more simplified and ready to use. I don't have to go into settings each time to change it. I just tap aspect ratio now and done. Much more user friendly in this case and quicker to get the resolution you want and use.

You can test this by taking a pic for each aspect ratio. Then look at the pixels for each. If you compare it to the old resolution settings of the Note 10+ it's exactly the same.

#2 see above

#3 not sure what your are trying to say. Picture in Picture is still working with the Note 10+.
Galaxy Note
Picture in Picture does not work for the note 10 plus camera, only for videos..... Fact check!!!!
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
If you mean muti-window... It works fine on mine. I can take both pictures and video when I have it on pop up window. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to convey.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Check this link (Note3) feature, then you will have an idea on what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/pZJnBhcU3Eo
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi luqy,
Please note that the features and specifications of the device may vary from one version to another version.
Go to Camera app> Tap on Settings symbo> Open the photo from the Camera Gallery> Tap on Edit symbol> Tap on three dots in the top right corner> Select Resize.

Here, you can also select the resolution of photos like Free, 1:1, 4:3, 16:9, Full.

As mentioned by Tallman, it is renamed to Portrait mode on Samsung devices. Please Tap on the MORE option to get the different camera modes.

0 Likes