Original topic:

Edge Lightning

(Topic created on: 01-21-2021 09:59 AM)
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Edge Lightning+ app support discontinues after the update. It is just a ghost app now with no functionality.

Also, I noticed that my screen awakes from a new notification but doesn't show edge lightning even though I have it enabled from the Brief Pop-up Settings.

Overall, it's just a hard time figuring out the settings overall.
16 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Screenshot_20210121_135128.jpg

Go to notifications > Brief pop-up & you can configure it there. It's not quite the same as before but it works.

Too bad Samsung got rid of the Notification LED!

aodNOTIFY from the Play Store isn't bad either. 

0 Likes
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
That's what I have too. Still doesn't work😢
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

The thing is that the notifications only last a few seconds, which is pretty useless unless you happen to be looking at your phone. 

If you're interested, give aodNOTIFY a look. You can set the duration of the Notification, but bear in mind that you may run the risk of burn-in around the camera hole, if you set it for too long.

Notification LED, Headphone jack, O² Sensor, sd card... what is Samsung doing?? 

Deevvv
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
O² sensor?🤔
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Oxygen sensor that along with the heart rate sensor was on the S10+ and is gone on the S20 Ultra. Just another function that samsung has removed from their phones, probably to get people to buy Samsung watches. 

Deevvv
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I am looking at my phone almost entirely the whole day😛 and it doesn't lit up. But anyways aodNotify is working for me. thanks👍🏻
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Yeah aodNOTIFY is pretty good, but I remember Samsung saying that they were working on something to replace the removed notification led, they never did! 😡

Deevvv
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
So it's been a few hours and after multiple attempts to fix it I failed. Now the screen lights up and a circle appears to outside the camera edge, but with no preview of notification (from aodnotify). Aaghhh so terrified!
0 Likes
kahlua67
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I knew I should have just stuck with my S9! I have an S20 now. I don't like some of the changes samsung made! Why the hell did samsung get rid of the LED indicator and other features?
0 Likes