Original topic:

help

(Topic created on: 04-04-2018 09:47 AM)
daveeeee
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
every time I try to use software update I get a processing failed or a registration failed error. I have the sm-n950u1 variant and am currently with freedom mobile and my device works perfect except for this. I am also unable to use smart switch as it tells me I am up to date. my last security update is dated January 1st so I know I am not up to date? not sure what is going on here, even tried factory reset and still the same problem. please help as I want to get the oreo update that is now out .
0 Likes
7 Comments
Galaxy Note
The SM-950U1 is a US device... With a Canadian Carrier's SIM...
0 Likes
daveeeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Ok so how do I update?
0 Likes
daveeeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Or should I flash 950w with odin
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey @daveeeee, this issue is difficult to diagnose or troubleshoot without physically inspecting your device. Please contact your local Samsung Service Center (http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/servicelocation/). Thanks!

- Wonchul
0 Likes
daveeeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I did and they were completely useless...sorry to say. They had no suggestions at all for me other than to try the online chat for support and that was the same.. no help at all unfortunately not even a suggestion.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I think the device tries to get your SIM's CSC, since the U1 model is a Multi-CSC model for all US carriers (well, most of them). Can't find Freedom Mobile's CSC for obvious reasons.

Maybe try to update without your SIM inserted and tell us if it works
0 Likes
daveeeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
so I ended up going to plan b and using Odin to flash the Canadian firmware and it worked perfectly...oreo is installed and my software update is functioning as it should. Device is running great.
0 Likes