Original topic:

Rogers 5g

(Topic created on: 10-22-2021 08:50 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note
I have a Note 20 bought from tmobile and have switched the sim to Rogers. But I can't access 5g from rogers and as per Rogers my note need to be white listed first and factory reset to access the 5g from rogers. I am lost here. Does this make any sense and is there any other way to access rogers 5g. Thanks for the help.
0 Likes
10 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
By the way I have s20 plus from rogers and the same sim gets the 5g signal
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Yes this makes sense. The only other thing that I can think of would be to Flash the Canadian CSC with Patched Odin, which would likely result in automatically forcing you to Factory Reset, or use a Tmo SIM. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Thanks. If I go the rogers route or what you are suggesting will I lose my dual sim capability the phone has right now
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Yeah, pretty certain that you'll lose the Dual SIM as none of the Canadian carriers support it on Samsung (or Samsung doesn't support it with the Canadian Carriers). 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Thanks Red, I will stick with what I have😀
uzairm87
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Don't think ull get 5g support on usa device.

Maybe if u flash firmware but even then not sure
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Thanks. Ya I just spoke rogers tech T2 and he said don't do it. The 5g right now is in early stage and lit bit faster than lte. It does matter if I am gamer of which I'm not. If I go ahead with what they suggested I will lose the esim capability. So I will live with the lte right now
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Update on my 5g issue issue has been resolved after I got an software update from TMB. I'm getting the 5g on data now. 😀 with rogers
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Let's hope that the Android 12 (One UI 4) update brings eSIM to all North American models.
0 Likes