Original topic:

S pen disconnected

(Topic created on: 06-24-2022 02:18 PM)
Gr33nQu33n
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I keep getting a warning that my pen is disconnected even though it hasn't been removed in hours. Not sure if anyone else experiencing this issue. 
4 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, if your Galaxy device displays a message that the S Pen is disconnected, you need to check some external factors that may be interfering with the function of the S Pen. Magnetic phone cases or covers, old software versions, or Air Action settings could be the cause of the disruption.

Be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.

Step 2. Tap on Download and install.

Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

1. Make sure that your phone is not in contact with a magnet.

If you often receive a notification message that says you need to connect your S Pen with an S Pen indicator icon, or the S Pen is often disconnected from your device, check the accessories attached to the device first.

Certain magnetic forces may negatively affect S Pen functions. As such, a magnetic phone case or metallic cover may interfere with the recognition or usage of the S Pen and may cause irregular, unintended input. Before using your S Pen, make sure to remove any magnetic accessories such as a magnetic case or metallic cover.

2. The connection status in Air actions settings

If you are experiencing S Pen connection issues after removing any magnetic accessories, you may need to remove and insert the S Pen back into the slot and check the connection status in Air actions settings. Follow the steps below to access the S Pen settings.

Step 1. From the Settings app, select Advanced features .

Step 2. Tap S Pen.

Step 3. Tap Air actions.

Step 4. After reinserting the S Pen into your phone, check the connection status of S Pen.

3. Reset the S Pen and connect it again

You can also try to reset the S Pen and connect it again. If you have customised S Pen settings, resetting the S Pen will return it to its default settings.

0 Likes
Nim1
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
For God's sake!!! You've mentioned magnetic interference possibility issue from the start to the beginning.
We got you! No need to repeat 100 times.
0 Likes
Dr_H
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Galaxy s23 ultra, case Samsung original, no magnetic fields, software the latest. Please don't repeat the nonsense. Fix the problem before I return my phone
0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Spen dead completely. You will only need to replace it if you use Air Action regularly. Other feature will still work with dead Spen.
0 Likes