Original topic:

S Pen to Text missing - Note 10+ One UI 4.1

(Topic created on: 04-07-2022 12:48 AM)
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
S Pen to Text feature is missing from One UI 4.1 on Note 10+.

There is no reason for this feature to be excluded on a Note device. The S22 Ultra has it: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/enable-spen-to-text/

The Note used to have this feature, formerly known as Direct Pen Input:https://publish.samsungsimulator.com/simulator/d35009ca-d284-44c4-ba7a-94465f5d716b/

Like this post and leave a comment if you agree that this should be brought back to the Note 10. Apparently the Note 20 is missing this feature as well.

16 Comments
Galaxy Note
Is it in Note tool bar?Screenshot_20220407-074836_Samsung Notes_16546_1649339316.jpg
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
That is different. That's for converting handwriting to text when writing in Samsung Notes. The feature I'm talking about is a system wide ability to simply handwrite in search boxes amd text fields and have it automatically convert to text as you write.

E.g. Be able to open Chrome and literally write the website you want to visit directly in the address bar.

This is analogous to Apple's "scribble" feature.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
i've seen that. is under Samsung Keyboard Settings. Are you talking about this feature?

For this feature, I am not sure if it implement in Note 10+ or notScreenshot_20220407-081029_Samsung Keyboard.jpg
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
It's not. Thanks for suggesting areas to look, but I can guarantee you it's not here.

It is a feature (Direct Pen Input) that was removed, rebranded as S Pen to Text, and then not reinstated on older models. This isn't a matter of a brand new feature only debuting on a new model.

You can't even sideload the APKs that would include it - they won't install.Screenshot_20220407-071537_Samsung Keyboard_1926_1649340938.png
Galaxy Note
Oh...you talking about this. Direct Pen Input has been removed sine One UI 2 or 3, can't remember exactly version. Yeah...I miss this too.I love the writing gesture. I used to use it on my Note3, 5, 8 and 9. If they can put this back will be awesome. 😄SmartSelect_20190411-102644_Samsung Notes_7137_1567046864.jpg
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Yup, exactly. Not at all a new feature - this is like how they removed the Pro camera mode and then selectively brought it back.

Removing features is never a good look, but then trying to frame them as "new" features for new devices is just scummy.
Galaxy Note
Just do a factory reset, that should fix the problem lol
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Ironically, I did a factory reset when I upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1 (I always do when there's a version upgrade).
0 Likes
JeanGuyBoumme
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note

Bonjour désolé je ne parle pas anglais mais je vas essayer de répondre. Sur mon S20 Ultra, il y'a bien la possibilité de définir le stylet comme moyen d'entrée, et même d'y passer du texte en cas de perte du stylet ( je l'avais fait pour la prise de note )

Pour la prise de note, je dirais que tu dois également passer par des applications tierces, notamment sur Samsung Notes, ou encore Microsoft OneNote

Mais euh, demande donc pas des j'aime tsé. Ça fais dur en masse eille.

0 Likes