Original topic:

Samsung Notes not recognizing phone numbers

(Topic created on: 09-19-2020 10:30 AM)
Max72
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
My Samsung Notes 20 Ultra is not recognizing phone numbers or email addresses when writing them down in the note app. I am unable to highlight and then get the option to either call or email. 

I have watched a few videos and from what I see the videos are showing an experience that is simply not being triggered within my snotes app. 

The ability to utilize this option was key in me deciding on the Note 20 Ultra and I am hoping that I can resolve this issue and use the full, intended potential of this phone. 

Thanks for any help solving this issue 
8 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Max72, Could you please record and post a video showing the issue so that we can review it and can further help you.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@ keagan, when we using Samsung Notes, we jot information. Most of the time we put down phone #, street address, and email address. When we select these handwriting, we can choose call and it will dial the number right away. But now only works on typing mode, not hand written mode.
Galaxy Note
I think Samsung should put this feature back. I remembered my old Notes can recognize written phone number, email and street addresses. Circle my writing and able to select call, email or map. Since migrate from SNote to Samsung Notes, this feature has gone.
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Tallman, I appreciate you for being helpful all the time. I will forward this to the concerned team and let you know their response.

Galaxy Note
@keagan, you are very welcome 🙂🙂🙂
Max72
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
So after playing with it I found that if I write the number I then need to convert it then select it so the orange box is around it then I double tap it and a call option will finally appear. it's definitely not like I am seeing in the videos highlighting this feature where they just write and hover the pen over the number.
I can't help but feel something is still not correct
Jaxor
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
You have to be out of writing mode for the highlight to work. once you click the back button it will be in a mode that highlights the writing and provide options.
Djthread
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I agree doesn't work anything like all the videos. I'm finding it really  frustrating 

0 Likes