Original topic:

A Disappointing Experience...

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 10:02 PM)
LXN
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
The Beginning
I made my initial order on February 12th. Realising I made a mistake in colour selection which resulted in my ordering the 1TB Graphite instead of the "Red". I quickly tried to reach out to Samsung in order to CHANGE the colour. Upon being told that I can't simply change the colour of the device on my order we came to the conclusion that cancelling and reordering is the only solution. I still don't understand why this was so difficult of a task seeing that I'm buying directly from Samsung and not a third party, but I digress.

On the 13th things were sorted re the cancellation and I was then able to reorder the device in the desired colour... Red.

Lack of Communication
I was issued with a delivery date of March 6th, 2022. This, I realized, was an unrealistic date given all that's been happening and the reports about oder delays. At this point, I was not even that upset at the fact that the date had passed. What REALLY rubbed me the wrong way was that SAMSUNG didn't reach out to us (and I say "US" because I'm sure I'm not the only one) to say "hey guys, we know you're waiting but we've hit a snag here or there, so just give us until such date." NOTHING!

I had to REACH OUT to Samsung via the chat portal on March 20th in the afternoon for someone to give me SOME information as to what was going on.

If you're keeping track, that's 35 days (5 weeks) after purchase and NO COMMUNICATION.

Finally it arrived on the 28th (technically the 29th but Samsung had no control over that part).

The Delivery
It's the morning of the 29th and my device is now in hand. I opened the package and much to my disappointment, the device WAS NOT RED!

A variation of red, IS NOT RED!

In 2016, 6 years ago, when Samsung debuted the S7 Edge, they didn't say it was Blue, they said it was CORAL BLUE. With that being said up front, you weren't expecting a Navy Blue nor a Sky Blue because that's NOT what they announced.

Again, this isn't Red. Not by a long shot. And that is more disappointing than I can possibly explain in this piece.

43 days... 6+ weeks... ZERO COMMUNICATION... for a device that doesn't match the advertised colour.

Lack of Accessories
For a device which a customer pays over $1700usd for, I don't get why we're so sparse on accessories.
We now have phones that are Not Red and we don't even have Not Red accessories to match it. A Navy Blue case with a strap and a White case with a strap... To go with which colours? No other colour and no other straps to change as we so desire? We can't even purchase an extra S Pen in the matching colour or a different colour (to the best of my knowledge this last part has always been the case but it shouldn't be). What good is getting "Online Exclusive" items if YOU won't even treat those who believed your pitch and arrived early, to the matching experience? What is going on Samsung?

My Conclusion
All in all, a VERY DISAPPOINTING experience from a company which products I love DEARLY and have always recommended to others.

With this experience, how could I in good faith do so going forward?
6 Comments
3TimeSurvivor
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
You're not alone LXN. . .

This Members Forum is loaded with complaints and stories the same or very similar to yours especially regarding the so-called 'Red' colour. . .

I personally ordered the S22U 1TB in the Graphite colour and as it turns out, I'm satisfied I did. . .

I waited 1-day shy of 7-weeks to receive my phone. . .

Just know that this Member appreciates your very transparent post and for what it's worth, I thank you for sharing your unfortunate story.
LXN
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
@3TimeSurvivor and @RDRWntS2FlYSoLo above all, this saddens me. I ordered the 1TB-U as well. I regret not having stuck to the Graphite. And with the price we're paying, we shouldn't be experiencing THIS level of regret and in this large of numbers. The communication from Samsung **bleep**! I'm not getting all mellow dramatic and threatening how much I'm not gonna buy anything else from Samsung. I'm not here to lambast them. I just want them to make a note of what we're saying AND THEN make it right. I'm not gonna buy an iPhone and I honestly don't even know what device I'd buy if I wasn't using a water proof Samsung phone with a built in pen.

Just do right by us.

Thanks for weighing in guys, hope we see better. Doubt it, but still.

A side "note": because I got a a niche colour device that they don't supply pens for, I ordered a new pen to use in my device. It came this morning. I've put the "Red" one away for safe keeping.
OH! And get this! When you buy the S Pen, it comes with changeable tips and the tool... like it used to... in the box... when you bought the phone.
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You are not the only one..which makes it more sad.. hopefully the feedback here is indeed valued...
WhatAmIDoing
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
LXN
I feel your pain. Waited 52 days and it appears to me that the machine ran out of colorant when making the "Red" color. I ordered the red t7 ssd drive because we no longer have the SD card and although it is not red either I thought it could live with it. When I opened my box and looked a the color I though "Hell No". Looked and looked for a good clear case to show off the color but now I might just hide it because it just reminds me of the nightmare Samsung let us live.
Like everyone else it was the blatant lack of respect/communication.
LXN
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I don't get it. I just don't. What happened along the way? This doesn't feel like the Samsung we knew years ago. I had so much respect for them when they handled the Note 7 fiasco and still bought Samsung devices after that. Samsung is the first device I recommend to people looking to buy new devices and I try to showcase how great they are.

But something is off these days.

A clear case is not in this my devices future at all. I have the smart clear view cover in black and this morning along with the extra pen, I got the blue silicone cover with strap (I still don't get what's up with this colour and what devices is it supposed to match with).

What I can appreciate though, is that we voice our disapproval even if they fall on deaf ears. I thank you for adding your voice to this as we all go through this together.
0 Likes
WhatAmIDoing
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
This was my first pre-order, Always went to a retail store however, missed out on the custom color. I too was a Hugh Samsung fan.When you opened a new box from Samsung took you 1/2 hour to go through all the goodies. Extra tips for S pen, earphones with extra tips, charger, cable, s pen tip tweezers. Perhaps the second richest guy in Korea (Jay Y Lee) needs to stop counting his cash and read some Samsung forums ?
We are not alone but my only hope is that Samsung takes note. No pun intended
0 Likes