Original topic:

Ads in Samsung notifs

(Topic created on: 03-11-2021 07:42 AM)
Marsover
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
So, Samsung heard us complain about ads, a few spots in the system had them. 
Music, health, weather, pop-up notifs for Samsung products, and so instead of removing them, like ALL the complaints called for, yall f@#$ing double down and add more?! Is this some sort of joke?? 
Apple is currently getting ios 14 ready to block tracking and become super security friendly, while Samsung is here like: moneymoneymoney have ALL of the ads, despite having paid nearly 2k for your phone!!
Samsung you are actively killing your loyal customers. I will never repurchase a Samsung product (not even phone, ANY PRODUCT) unless yall get together. 
This is not only unprofessional, disrespectful to customers that had spent a large amount of money, but on top of that there are CLEAR security issues if my own phone is giving me ads - meaning I can't ever be sure what info of mine you sell. 
I've hated apple all my life but I am going to jump ship. 

23 Comments
mememe61
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
check your settings in Samsung members. make sure marketing information is turned off
0 Likes
Marsover
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Its off, and has been off for weeks. With the first ad I saw a few months back I went on a spree fixing any ad related setting I could find. This was the galaxy store, despite all my settings, still sending push notifs for ads.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You can disable Samsung's push notifications with adb & other means, but Samsung's ads are offensive & intrusive none the less. 

Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I got it, it's from the Samsung galaxy store. so for everyone thinking it's from a third party app, it's not! pushed by Samsung.
and I'm a huge Samsung Fanboy, love them! and not changing phone makers, but it's ok to be angry and voice our concerns so they can make it even better