Original topic:

Android Auto

(Topic created on: 03-03-2023 12:19 AM)
Dfluent
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Since updating to One UI 5.1 my android auto doesn't seem to work with my car anymore. I factory reset my head unit, tried 8 different cables still no Android Auto. Is this just me or has anyone else encountered this problem as well. My work phone (iPhone 11) works just fine when plugged in. Car is a 2017 Ford edge so it's on the list on compatible vehicles for AA and it usually just works
8 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
First try going to settings, apps, Android auto, storage, on your phone and clear the cache and then reboot your phone and see if it connects now.
If not repeat steps and clear the data
I had same problem and just clearing cache solved it
0 Likes
Dfluent
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
So I bought another cable, and it works now after a phone reboot...I always clear my cache and data when issues happen but this was odd
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Excellent of you got it working again👍
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Dfluent, we appreciate your efforts in solving the issue while performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

Please write back to us if you need any further assistance in the future.

Thank you.

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
One UI5.1 **bleep**. Has nothing but issues everyday!
Dfluent
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I mean I've had a relatively good experience with it its just minor like not having android auto is a first world problem imo
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Lol yeah and that works fine for me. It's random for different people I think. But for a 2k+ phone, clearing cache and stuff, I mean we got to be evolved by now? 🤔
0 Likes
Members_ZIZlEVh
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I have the same problem, clearing the cache didnt work, fking hate it

0 Likes