Original topic:

Apps keep stop working

(Topic created on: 08-30-2022 04:49 PM)
Taari12
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Whenever i download something on my s21 ultra every app stops working and i have to restart my phone. Any solution except factory reset?

Eg- co.g.app stop working etc 
0 Likes
7 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

This isn't normally an issue with Samsung Devices. 

What is the model number of your device & what country / region are you in? 

Go to Settings > Apps & Toggle On "Show System Apps" (Middle Right 3 dot menu) > Toggle Show System Apps & Click "OK" and Search for "co.g.apps" Scroll down to Storage & Clear BOTH Cache & Data for "co.g.apps".

NEXT & STILL in Settings / Apps & Search for Google Play Services & Scroll down to Storage & Clear BOTH Cache & Data for Play Services.

NEXT Still in Settings / Apps & Search for Google Play Store & Scroll down to Storage & Clear BOTH Cache & Data for the Play Store & Reboot. 

Taari12
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Did all these steps. Still it keeps happening
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If you did everything, then as much as you might not want to, Factory Reset may be your only option.

⚠️What is the model number of your device?⚠️

0 Likes
Taari12
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Smg998w
0 Likes
Taari12
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have 400gb of data with images and app data and opened tabs in Chrome. Whats the best way to backup and restore this much data?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I'd copy the important data to my computer & other external storage. 

You must have 1 TB storage on your device?

Smart Switch backup to your computer & OTG Storage is what I would use. 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Taari12, please back up the data using Smart Switch and factory reset the device by following the steps in the given links below and verify if the issue is solved.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-perform-a-factory-reset/

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/how-to-transfer-and-backup-data-using-smart-switch...

0 Likes