Original topic:

Can I use third party usb-c to audio adapter and third party headphones

(Topic created on: 04-30-2022 12:36 PM)
PapaSmurf
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Trying to use my existing adapter and headphones -previously used with android device without ussue but I get a notification that the USB device is not supported on my new S20 fe
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I'd start by Opening the Samsung Members app > Click on "Get Help" & Diagnostics > Run the Diagnostics for the USB Connection. See what it says.

If there's an error, then you could look on Amazon or visit a BestBuy etc & see if you can test one before buying?

30 April 2022 153332 GMT-0400.jpg

0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah, unfortunately some adapters work and some don't. I've had to test a few ones from Amazon and return them before I found out that worked with Samsung.

You can also check the reviews on Amazon. Most of the time, people do say if it works with a Samsung or not.
0 Likes
whiteheadm217
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

You can still use your device's USB Type C port with your favorite headphones — if you get your hands on a USB Type C headphone adapter. Just plug it into the charging port, and then plug your headphones into the 3.5mm audio jack on the other side of the adapter.

Sometimes we changed their headphone to play video games and due to the excessive use, original headphones are spoiled.

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We suggest you to follow the workaround provided by others and keep us posted if your issue is resolved.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

0 Likes