Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Deleted Text Messages

(Topic created on: 10-16-2022 09:02 AM)
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Is there a way to recover deleted text messages? I tried Textra and I have recovered texts from March until August but between August 24 and October 14 isn't recovered and that's the time frame I'm looking for.....
I use the Google Messages app by default.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please Go to Settings >> Accounts and backup >> Backup and restore.
Under your Google account, tap Google Account to check if there is a Google Drive backup created before the messages were deleted.
If there is an available backup, you may restore the backup and get the deleted messages back. You can also restore using Samsung cloud.
From Settings, tap Accounts and backup, and then tap Restore data under "Samsung Cloud". >> Select your desired device from the drop-down at the top, and then select the content you want to restore >> Next, tap Restore.

View solution in context

6 Comments
Solution
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please Go to Settings >> Accounts and backup >> Backup and restore.
Under your Google account, tap Google Account to check if there is a Google Drive backup created before the messages were deleted.
If there is an available backup, you may restore the backup and get the deleted messages back. You can also restore using Samsung cloud.
From Settings, tap Accounts and backup, and then tap Restore data under "Samsung Cloud". >> Select your desired device from the drop-down at the top, and then select the content you want to restore >> Next, tap Restore.

Atsirt
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Okay I'llm try that soon here and get back to you. Thank you 😊
0 Likes
Diiam
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Did it work?
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yes it did 😊
0 Likes
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It worked! Thank you!!
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Atsirt, we are happy to see that the above steps worked for you.

Please contact us back if you require any further assistance. 

We are glad to assist you here.