Original topic:

Export S Notes and Samsung Notes

(Topic created on: 03-03-2023 12:06 PM)
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
Hi all, I'm the stage of phasing out my Samsung Galaxy ecosystem. I was wondering if there's a way to export all of my Notes (since 2011, yup since Note 1 all the to way to S21U) from S Notes and as well Samsung Notes to another platform (either OneNote, Microsoft Surface, iPad or 3rd party app) and still be able to open/edit them?

I know users can export them to PDF or JPEG but that won't let me to edit them when I need it. 

It's a long shot but probably anyone know a 3rd party app that able to open Samsung Notes file extensions? Thanks all! 
0 Likes
13 Comments
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Just guessing but pretty sure that afterwards, you'd be able to convert the text or word file to the native note app of the device chosen if it supports stylus input.

Text/word files are pretty much the general extensions that most apps can use and convert from.
0 Likes
LeeLeeLee
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Should you get a solution to this pls be sure to post as we would also like to know about this. Not that we're leaving Samsung Device Land but we DO quite rely on Notes. And they seem super problematic to back up or copy off other than screen cap one at a time which isn't conducive to having hundreds (eh, thousands likely). Can you expand upon your "export to pdf / jpg" comment though?

0 Likes
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I can safely say there isn't any way to export Samsung Notes to other apps that able to open and edit them with the same handwriting style system. Apparently Samsung ecosystem is restricted and rigid.

I'm glad I made the right choice to leave Samsung's limited system.

Export to PDF/JPEG is the standard Samsung Notes sharing features but you won't be able to edit them. If you open a Samsung Notes file, on the top right you can click the three dots and some options to share the Note file will be available for you to choose.SmartSelect_20230305_003833_Samsung Notes_1000004353_1677994713.jpg
0 Likes
LeeLeeLee
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Back to when you were using this, were you ever able to copy off ALL the Notes? apparently have more hundreds than hundreds and doing them one at a time is going to be as invested of the time as was copying off all screen caps one at a time. Eh either way (for anyone else) didn't copy for a few weeks and that was a lot of work G O N E when Note did some weird ReSet by itself.  THANKS

0 Likes