Original topic:

Galaxy S21 asking for sim after factory reset

(Topic created on: 01-17-2022 08:07 AM)
majhewalebhau
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S

I had just factory reset to galaxy S21 and it is asking for aim after reset startup rather than wifi connection. Is it ok or not as i am sending my galaxy S21 to backhome family after factory reset and i had fully paid the device amount and its unlocked device confirmed from network carrier. Thanks

0 Likes
8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If there is no SIM inserted in the device, it's normal to see a Notification saying that there is no SIM detected. 

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, For the initial setup device needs SIM to complete the setup.

majhewalebhau
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks it means it is OK ??
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah, if you're just getting a Notification saying that there is no SIM inserted, you can ignore that as the phone was previously registered on your Carrier's network. 

You could also go ahead & set it up from the Factory Reset without the SIM & it won't Reset automatically again. 

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's not the initial setup, it's after a Factory Reset. So the SIM isn't required. WiFi is all you need. 

If the device is brand new & you NEVER put the SIM card in the device, if you set it up without the SIM, it WILL automatically Factory Reset the first time you insert the SIM. 

majhewalebhau
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yeah it is asking for Sim???? Wifi option is not coming that's my question buddy
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You should still be able to set up the phone, after a Factory Reset, WITHOUT a SIM. 

It *SHOULD* give you the option to "skip" when it notifies you that there's no SIM inserted. 

Can you post a pic of the screen? 

majhewalebhau
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Will try
0 Likes