Original topic:

Galaxy s21 ultra 5g

(Topic created on: 02-16-2022 11:36 AM)
Mareyes
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hello everyone, 
I've bought my Galaxy S21 Ultra 5g in Brasil last year before move to Canada.

My question is: My smartphone never has got a 5G conexion. Does anyone know how to solve this? I've already set the basic configurations and still doesn't work

Also, I've checked with the company who I choose to provide the mobile network and they confirm that there's 5g networking around the city.

I'm glad to have help with.

Thank you.
0 Likes
8 Comments
Sebastiend89
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It all depends on the provider, maybe there's no 5g towers where you are.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
The device would be 5G even if there was no 5G towers..if your living in an area that has 5G towers and your mobile provider offers 5G, then just make sure 5G is enabled under settings -> connections and it should connect to 5G when available
0 Likes
LeePotter
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Be prepared to be disappointed after a month or 2
0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Mareyes, did you check with your carrier?

0 Likes
ivanchow4
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Region dependant. Some s21 ultra 5g phones don't even have 5g antennas even though package says 5g

https://youtu.be/MYSQub76fH8

Timestamp 2:19

Marketed as 5g but no 5g antenna in the phone
0 Likes
ivanchow4
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
If it is canada or US model definitely have 5g, but some international models lack the 5g antenna
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Have a look here:

Settings → Connections → Mobile Networks → Network mode

Do you have 5G network selected?Screenshot_20220216-184109_Call settings.jpg
0 Likes
Ptsaguy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have the same issue. I bought a S22 ultra in the USA while on vacation. I then transfered over all my data from from Note 20 ultra and it work ok (connected to 5G) while I was in the USA. When I got home to Canada (Montreal region) I noticed that it never connects to 5G. My plan has 5G and my business iPhone is almost always connect to 5G from the office but never with the S22 ultra (phones are next to each other). I Called my provider and they reset the apn settings and I also reset my network setting and changed my sim card. Still no dice. I have no idea what's going on.