Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Google app using too much battery

(Topic created on: 09-06-2022 08:13 PM)
gurveer
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I don't know if it is suppose to be this way but my s21 ultra battery chart shows Google app is using most battery. Is it normal or do I need to do something. I even the app to deep sleep. That screen time is 6 hrs today only because I used youtube for most of the time otherwise it is around 4hrs.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You can Uninstall all Updates to the Google app & Reboot, then Update the Google app to the latest version. 

OR, you could go to Settings > Apps Search for the Google app > Storage & Clear BOTH Cache & Data for the Google app & Reboot.

See if the Battery usage for the Google app improves. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Comments
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Gurveer, we would like to ask you, is this happening only with Google app or any other app also.

If it is only the google app, the app could be outdated, So we recommend you to update or uninstall and reinstall the app.

If this is happening with all the apps, check the battery optimization settings on the phone.

In the Settings screen, tap Battery and device care >> Optimize now.

The Quick Optimize feature improves device performance through the following actions.

• Closing applications running in the background.

• Management of abnormal battery usage.

• Scan for crashed apps and malware.

Using the automatic optimization function.

0 Likes
gurveer
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah, it is only happening with google app. I tried the optimize now step but it didn't work. I can't uninstall Google app, I can only disable it
0 Likes
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You can Uninstall all Updates to the Google app & Reboot, then Update the Google app to the latest version. 

OR, you could go to Settings > Apps Search for the Google app > Storage & Clear BOTH Cache & Data for the Google app & Reboot.

See if the Battery usage for the Google app improves. 

0 Likes
gurveer
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I tried both of the steps. I think its fixed now
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Gurveer we are happy to see that your query is resolved.

Kindly write back to us for further assistance.

Please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes
Travis_
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I disabled google
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You really should not have to disable Google, in order for it to not be consuming ridiculous amounts of your Battery. 

You could go to Settings > Apps > Battery & Restrict it's battery usage, (read the note regarding Restricted).

See my screen shots, Google has only used 1% since the last Full Charge.

The second screen shot shows where you can restrict it's battery usage, but you will notice that it is just "Optimized on my device.

Screenshot_20220909-211411_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220909-211419_Settings.jpg

Travis_
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh ok thanks