Original topic:

Google Home app issues

(Topic created on: 01-22-2023 07:41 PM)
Bodge
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi! So I've had two noticable bugs since the latest Android update on my Galaxy S20 5G. The most annoying being some serious bugging with the Google Home app. I've contacted them with no resolution.

When viewing the live feed of either my floodlight or doorbell, the audio is SO choppy, and then this behaviour continues across all other apps playing media until I force stop the app. During support chat with Google, they got me to uninstall and reinstall the app, which didn't fix the audio issue, AND now I'm not receiving any notifications of activity seen on my phone. Even when the doorbell was pressed. I've triple checked my settings and shut off and rebooted my phone as well to no avail.

Any insight would be much appreciated. My very expensive cameras are basically CCTV without notifications. And the audio issue makes it so I can't talk to anyone through my doorbell or even hear them properly. I don't know where else to go for support. Google was unable to send a report to the Android side.
0 Likes
14 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Since you already Uninstalled & Reinstalled the app, your choices are:

• Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache (may help)?
  • Boot into Recovery & Factory Reset ⚠️ Backup your device with Smart Switch FIRST ⚠️ 

Instructions on how to do both, below:

Power of your device & Wait a few seconds.

Press & HOLD the Power + Volume UP buttons, until you feel the device vibrate. Release BOTH buttons & wait a couple of seconds until you see the Recovery Menu.

Use the Volume button to Scroll down to Wipe Cache & Select with the Power button.

Wait a few seconds until the Recovery Menu Defaults to "Restart Now" & Select with the Power Button. 

Your device will Reboot.

Factory Reset is the same as above, but instead of Selecting Wipe Cache, you Select Wipe Data Factory Reset. 

⚠️⚠️⚠️

BEFORE you Factory Reset, BACKUP your device with Smart Switch. 

When your device Boots up, it will be to the Welcome screen, same as when you first received your device as new.

⚠️You'll need to know your passwords etc, So write them down if you need to⚠️

0 Likes
Bodge
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hey, so it's directly related to having a Galaxy Watch4. It was functional upon factory reset on the S20 until I re-paired my watch. I decided to upgrade today to the S22 and I'm back where I started. The app functions fine once Bluetooth is off or the watch is disconnected. How do we let them know what's going on?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You could open the Samsung Members app, Click on Support & Scroll down to Send Feedback > Error Reports and see if they get back to you? 

0 Likes
Bodge
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Excellent. I did that! Glad I found SOMETHING lol - this is clearly a 13 and Galaxy Wearable issue culmination.

Interesting too; my dad discovered another Bluetooth issue. Different Samsung phone, different versions Android, and different computers, we're both unable to connect to our computers for file sharing. Is this how they felt when they found out the earth wasn't flat and no one else knew!? Hahaha
0 Likes
Saf11
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I found a fix. Go to your Bluetooth settings, on the watch hit the cog and turn off calls. This will now allow you to use the talk and listen feature on your phone while watch is connected

Bodge
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
!
0 Likes
Saf11
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Same issue still stands with the watch5. Can access talk and listen fine without the watch connected. Tried removing permissions for sound and audio as well as phone in the app settings on wearable but still doesn't work. Have you had any solution since your post? Thanks 

0 Likes
Bodge
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Nope. Even got an S22 from the 20 so it's clearly a watch issue. Best workaround is having Bluetooth turned off if you're checking the cameras. It's quicker and the watch easily reconnects when you turn it back on. So stupid.
0 Likes
Saf11
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I found a fix. Go to your Bluetooth settings, on the watch hit the cog and turn off calls. This will now allow you to use the talk and listen feature on your phone while watch is connected